Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

opinons needed..

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2010, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
opinons needed..

so i was driving the other day right, and this lady veers into my lane causing me to hit a curb. ended up bending my passenger rims. so im on a tight budget right now so im not able to get 4 new rims, so what do you guys think about 2 diff. set of rims on the evo? it hurts me to see that but its the only thing i can do. and since the rims that got f**ked up were prodrive wheels and kinda pricy i cant just replace them.. so what do you think?

thanks for your time
josh
Old Aug 30, 2010, 12:46 PM
Evolving Member

So is the money coming out of your pocket or is the lady covering the cost??? Or just replace that passenger rim.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 12:52 PM

If money is tight use the 2 different sets of wheels till you can afford to replace the damaged wheels.

Last edited by OMEGA PHX; Aug 31, 2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 12:55 PM

Did you get the lady's info? Her insurance should be covering that.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

How about just look for a really cheap set of Evo rims...?
Old Aug 30, 2010, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

Honestly if you didnt have insurance to cover this then thats not a good move and you should have collision.

But it doesnt sound like that is the case...

If you got the ladies info that caused you to wreck then go after her insurance co for the replacements.

gotta do what you gotta do and put two sets on but I wouldnt do them from side to side, do them matching on the front and rear
Old Aug 30, 2010, 01:24 PM

the lady took off. didnt get **** from her. and yes the money is coming from my pocket, and OMEGA, that didnt make any sense to me.
ive looked for a cheap set of stock rims but ive had no luck.
and mrv8killer, yea if im going to have 2 sets, im going to have them front and rear.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

That sucks bro people are A HOLES! This dude hit me the other week when I was in my Benz and I was shocked he followed me into someone's driveway, then he lied about stuff and is making it difficult...

Wish people had more morals....
Old Aug 30, 2010, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by 06MRV8Killer
That sucks bro people are A HOLES! This dude hit me the other week when I was in my Benz and I was shocked he followed me into someone's driveway, then he lied about stuff and is making it difficult...

Wish people had more morals....
yea man, **** sucks, on top of that, rent is due on the 1st, electiric, this ****. it sucks ha.

if yall know anyone who has some rims cheap pleasee let me know, im stranded at home and cant get to school till this is fixed!!!
please and thank you
Old Aug 30, 2010, 02:33 PM

Man sometimes you gotta swallow that pride all us owners have and put those other rims on and save up for a new set. Sorry to hear about that tho, ppl are jerks for real.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

I'll keep an eye out for ya, I have read that people put Mustang wheels on their evos for the winter I think, those are a dime a dozen and might be worth looking into doing...
Old Aug 30, 2010, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Find a used set of stock evo wheels in the for sale section. Just get a full set of 4. Once you get your main wheels replaced use the stock wheels for winter.

If you can't find a good price on some used stock wheels. Discount tire online sells some pretty decent looking 17x8's for the evo for $135 ea. with a $50 web savings. It's under $500 for a set of 4.

I grabbed 4 last year for my winter wheels.

For some reason this wheel no longer shows up when you search for evo specific wheels but I own the exact set in the same offset and they fit fine.
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...r=2&wd=17&rw=8

Old Aug 30, 2010, 08:17 PM

i dont have that kinda money to spend on a whole set of rims. hince why i havent done it already. and i dont have a reason to change rims just for winter.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you can get your hands on two rims the same size as your other two it will of course work. I don't think it will damage anything even if they're slightly different offset as long as they're the same width and identical tires.

Mustang wheels are the same bolt pattern but I'm not sure you'll clear the front brakes.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:22 PM

I meant that if money is tight use the 2 different sets of wheels as long as they havesimilar specs till you can afford to replace the damaged wheels.