Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Need help in buying!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2010, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alright guys i checked out the car and it was pretty nice. Salvage title because it was stolen and recovered for $10,000. Take it or leave it? Didnt get a chance to text drive it because front tire popped yesterday night.

Last edited by Richardcvan; Sep 7, 2010 at 12:29 PM.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 01:01 PM

The only thing i didnt like about the car is that the spoiler side carbon fiber part plastic clear coat is starting the disintegrate, the motor mounts looks like it has been touched, and i dont really like the roll cage inside and the inside isnt that up-to-date
Old Sep 8, 2010, 01:38 AM

You didn't get to test drive it? that's not very good. Honestly, I'd wait for something better to come along. Salvage titles can be really misleading, depending on what the owner decides to let the insurance company know. Trust me, you really want a cleaner Evo, because the elated feeling of buying one will be severely bogged down when problems strike on your drive home.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 05:41 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Richardcvan
The only thing i didnt like about the car is that the spoiler side carbon fiber part plastic clear coat is starting the disintegrate, the motor mounts looks like it has been touched, and i dont really like the roll cage inside and the inside isnt that up-to-date
The cosmetic elements are the least of your problems. Folks gave you excellent advice. You may want to listen to them and look for another car.