Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

General running costs of an Evo 7?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2010, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
General running costs of an Evo 7?

Hey guys i'm new here so I apologize if I have put this in the wrong place.

I'm looking at buying an Evo 7 around the start of next year hopefully so i'm trying to gather as much information on how much it costs to maintain one of these beautiful cars.

How far should I expect to get on a tank of gas, How much to fill, Service cost etc.

Keeping it 100% stock if that makes a difference
Oh and another question if taken care of properly and driven well how long should these cars last? 5 years? 10? 50?

Thanks

Last edited by Kohl; Sep 3, 2010 at 05:42 PM.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

i had a 7 when i was in NZ. general cost would differ from the replies you will get from most of us here in the US.

gas here is measured by Gal, not Litre and petrol costs double what it costs here in the states. so that alone will be a cost difference. as well as getting parts. when i needed parts for my 7, the only way to get them were overseas shipments since most companies and stores didnt carry what i needed.

service costs is higher than your usual car, servicing in faster intervals and different fluids.

if you worry about cost of maintenance of an evo, you should probably wait to get one when you arent financially tight to worry about it.

and as for km/tank .... very very low especially if you arent driving your grandparents around
Old Sep 3, 2010, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by mtsevovii
i had a 7 when i was in NZ. general cost would differ from the replies you will get from most of us here in the US.

gas here is measured by Gal, not Litre and petrol costs double what it costs here in the states. so that alone will be a cost difference. as well as getting parts. when i needed parts for my 7, the only way to get them were overseas shipments since most companies and stores didnt carry what i needed.

service costs is higher than your usual car, servicing in faster intervals and different fluids.

if you worry about cost of maintenance of an evo, you should probably wait to get one when you arent financially tight to worry about it.

and as for km/tank .... very very low especially if you arent driving your grandparents around

I figured as much I was just going to try and convert the costs into my dollars

As for maintenance what's the saying? "If you have to ask you can't afford it"? I just prefer to be in the know versus blindly spending my money. :P

I've still got a minimum of 5 months before I go and talk to a dealer also is the extra $1k at the dealer for a mechanical warranty worth it or are they going to just assume i've been thrashing it every time I try and make a claim?
Old Sep 4, 2010, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kohl
Hey guys i'm new here so I apologize if I have put this in the wrong place.

I'm looking at buying an Evo 7 around the start of next year hopefully so i'm trying to gather as much information on how much it costs to maintain one of these beautiful cars.

How far should I expect to get on a tank of gas, How much to fill, Service cost etc.

Keeping it 100% stock if that makes a difference
Oh and another question if taken care of properly and driven well how long should these cars last? 5 years? 10? 50?

Thanks
Do what my girlfriend does for everything...GOOGLE IT! haha
Old Sep 4, 2010, 08:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
imho...

Originally Posted by mtsevovii

Hi,

I concur with the above post. It's high performance car and requires that you take care of its maintenance.
You will deal with clutch, brake pads, fluids of all kinds, etc sooner than your regular car. The prices for all that will be higher, most of times double, and you'll think how did you get in that situation of expending so much on a car.
The km/ltr or mpg aren't that good until you are on the boost zone, where they will be worse.
And we are not even talking about upgrades, parts, tunes, the likes. Not even the dreaded power bug bite.

If you are still here and willing to go with the purchase, it's your decision, your choice.

If after all of this you still want to buy, let us know to welcome you to the forgetful smile club, because you'll forget everything of that when you are enjoying your evo, be it in daily driving, favorite road or track day with a full smile in your face.

best regards,
Old Sep 5, 2010, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by 7EVO7

If you are still here and willing to go with the purchase, it's your decision, your choice.

If after all of this you still want to buy, let us know to welcome you to the forgetful smile club, because you'll forget everything of that when you are enjoying your evo, be it in daily driving, favorite road or track day with a full smile in your face.

best regards,

Thanks.

I definitely won't be missing the money when I get mine.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 12:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kohl
Thanks.

I definitely won't be missing the money when I get mine.
you wont be missing it cause you will forget you had any after you get an evo