Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Defi bf gauge help!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2010, 04:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Defi bf gauge help!

ok so today my boost gauge decided it doesnt want to work anymore.. i checked all my connections and everything is good.... the gauge is plugged into meter 2, and there is power to the control box... but for some reason the guage will still not light up or work at all... i dont suspect it being bad ground because wouldnt the control box not work also? im stumped on this one... anyone that has any info on this please help! thanks!
Old Sep 4, 2010, 04:55 PM
Evolving Member

anyone think that the small box that reads the boost pressure went bad? i would think that the gauge would still light up though and just not read???? i have no idea
Old Sep 5, 2010, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

nvm problem fixed...
Old Sep 5, 2010, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by white_evo27
nvm problem fixed...
What was the issue? Just for future reference if someone stumbles upon this thread..
Old Sep 6, 2010, 11:42 PM
Evolving Member

the power wire on the radio harness was cut up really bad, when i touched it the gauge would flicker on and off.. (previous owner had an alpine 6 cd changer and xm radio installed)... i cut the wire from the tip of the harness and soldered new wire... then re-did my connections and now it works...

i did notice after i did it, that now the gauge still sits at 0, like its still on, but isnt lit up... im thinking i should have tapped into another wire other than the constant 12v on the radio harness?
Old Sep 6, 2010, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by white_evo27
the power wire on the radio harness was cut up really bad, when i touched it the gauge would flicker on and off.. (previous owner had an alpine 6 cd changer and xm radio installed)... i cut the wire from the tip of the harness and soldered new wire... then re-did my connections and now it works...

i did notice after i did it, that now the gauge still sits at 0, like its still on, but isnt lit up... im thinking i should have tapped into another wire other than the constant 12v on the radio harness?
i just installed one of these on a friends rx7 fd

red wire - constant 12v
orange wire - 12v with ignition on
white wire - 12v when lamp is on
black wire - ground "used radio ground"

I just used a multimeter and tested pretty much every wire to find the right ones because i did not have that horribly installed radios wiring diagram.

random information for this thread if someone searches...