Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

email tune

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2010, 08:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
email tune

Has anyone ever done the email tune. is it worth it? or should i go to a tuner
Old Sep 6, 2010, 10:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you can reach a tuner I recommend that. If not email tunes are good to learn from as well. I used www.englishracing.net

They were excellent.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did a email tune last year, when I had cams, intake, and just a turbo back installed, and it was really good, helped me learn a little about tuning and was cheap also, it took a few hours but it was worth it. You need a wideband installed though if you plan on doing it. I would say you get about 95% of the power you could have vs going to a good tuner, because I took my car to GST a few months later and they only got about 8 awhp more out of it.

I would recommend it, just because of the knowledge gained from it.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

I am currently doing an email tune with the help of a friend and it is easy to do and the car feels great now. We are not done cause I need bigger injectors but so far I am extremely happy.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by monkey_187
I am currently doing an email tune with the help of a friend and it is easy to do and the car feels great now. We are not done cause I need bigger injectors but so far I am extremely happy.
Why do you need bigger injectors then the ones you have now? What are you planning to do?
Old Sep 6, 2010, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ct9asilver
I did a email tune last year, when I had cams, intake, and just a turbo back installed, and it was really good, helped me learn a little about tuning and was cheap also, it took a few hours but it was worth it. You need a wideband installed though if you plan on doing it. I would say you get about 95% of the power you could have vs going to a good tuner, because I took my car to GST a few months later and they only got about 8 awhp more out of it.

I would recommend it, just because of the knowledge gained from it.
stupid post. cause your car was emailed tuned and tuner tuned in the same exact conditions? highly doubt it. also when you got your email tune did you take it right to GST's dyno and get a baseline? probably not. email tunes will never be equal or better to an actual tuner tunning your car. end of story
Old Sep 6, 2010, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
stupid post. cause your car was emailed tuned and tuner tuned in the same exact conditions? highly doubt it. also when you got your email tune did you take it right to GST's dyno and get a baseline? probably not. email tunes will never be equal or better to an actual tuner tunning your car. end of story
If you dont have anything good to contribute don't waste your time posting, I live in hayward and which is in the same town as GST, I did get a baseline run from them, and weather conditions were almost identical, in fact it was a few degrees cooler when GST tuned it. Think before you post
Old Sep 6, 2010, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ct9asilver
If you dont have anything good to contribute don't waste your time posting, I live in hayward and which is in the same town as GST, I did get a baseline run from them, and weather conditions were almost identical, in fact it was a few degrees cooler when GST tuned it. Think before you post
whatever you say
post up dyno charts then bud
Old Sep 6, 2010, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

Back on topic!
Old Sep 6, 2010, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

im pretty sure asking to see dyno charts of what this topic is about.... is on topic

its alright if you dont have them.... just dont try to argue when you cant even throw up evidence
Old Sep 6, 2010, 11:13 AM
Evolving Member

whatever you say
post up dyno charts then bud
I do not have any dyno charts from my old set-up, all I can say is that my email tune was very well done and that I was happy with it, obviously not all email tunes will provide you with a close to optimal tune, but in my case it was real good. I will agree that going to an actual tuner is better in almost all cases, but email tunes can be very helpfull especially if you want to learn a little more about the tuning aspect without the pressure of someone looking over your shoulder.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ssg_petty_210
Why do you need bigger injectors then the ones you have now? What are you planning to do?
You shall see when its done. (evil laughter)
Old Sep 6, 2010, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

email tunes will never be equal or better to an actual tuner tunning your car. end of story

Please prove this with evidence and not with an opinion.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

email tune or sending your ecu out to get a reflash i think its a waste of money/time. I honestly think there is nothing better than the real tune either on the dyno or on the road. Its better to mess with fuel trims/air while the tuner is actually in the car as opposed to copying and pasting someone elses tune that has the same set up as you. IMO its 1000000000 times better, because if something goes wrong they will fix it right there on the spot. and they might help with fxing litle things here and there so the tune goes a lot smoother and the car runs better

Last edited by erald01; Sep 6, 2010 at 06:16 PM.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

No, you will be the first to do this.

kidding, dont use speedcircuit, I had one from them and it was terriable.