Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Clutch question...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2010, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch question...

I searched but didn't come up with much. I'm concerned about the stiffness of clutches as you go into heavier duty types. Reason I ask if a few years ago I was in a bad accident that left my left leg partially paralyzed and with a special brace I can operate a normal clutch in some cars but in some I can't because even the stock clutch is too stiff.

My uncle has a 700+ whp camaro and the kind of clutch he has in that is really light, lighter than some stock cars I've tried. I don't remember what he called it but its a hydrolic twin clutch which is why, he said, its so light.

Finally to my question, do Evo's have any clutch that operates like this? Or do they just get really stiff? I really want an Evo IX because I like it better than the EvoX, but I'll go with an Evo X with TC-SST if I have too.

Thanks for reading, and the replies.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 11:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by select21
I searched but didn't come up with much. I'm concerned about the stiffness of clutches as you go into heavier duty types. Reason I ask if a few years ago I was in a bad accident that left my left leg partially paralyzed and with a special brace I can operate a normal clutch in some cars but in some I can't because even the stock clutch is too stiff.

My uncle has a 700+ whp camaro and the kind of clutch he has in that is really light, lighter than some stock cars I've tried. I don't remember what he called it but its a hydrolic twin clutch which is why, he said, its so light.

Finally to my question, do Evo's have any clutch that operates like this? Or do they just get really stiff? I really want an Evo IX because I like it better than the EvoX, but I'll go with an Evo X with TC-SST if I have too.

Thanks for reading, and the replies.

i have an ACT HD clutch in my evo now, i dont recommend it...

my friend had an exedy twin in his evo 9 and when i drove it, i thought it was identical to stock.... i would say that clutch is your best if your looking to get an evo 9 and have an aftermarket clutch with stock feel