Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Peakboost Lifetime warranty

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2010, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peakboost Lifetime warranty

I just wanted to share my expirence so far with peakboosts Customer Service. On Friday July 16, 2010. I noticed some serious cracks on my top mount manifold. (This isnt the first time it cracked) the first time it cracked i had it repaired locally because i was out of town with the car and needed it to be fixed. when i noticed these new cracks i called peakboost and told them that i had it fixed before and asked if they would still fix it under warranty. Ken said yes he would and i shipped it the following Monday. I still have not recieved my manifold almost two months later. Last week Thursday, I was told it was ready to be shipped that Friday. I called Ken on Wednesday to see if i could get the tracking #. He said it has not been shipped yet, so i asked if it could be over nighted to me because i really need my car.
He said he would send it via USPS and that it should arrive before the weekend. i called the next day (Yesterday) to confirm that it was shipped through USPS and he said it was. Well today (Friday) when USPS came, there was no manifold, and i called ken and asked for the Tracking # again and he gave a number saying it was sent through Fedex....??? And to top things off the Tracking # didnt work for FEDEX OR USPS......So I tried calling back numerous times and emailing and NO answer or response. WTF is going on???? I have been really patient with Ken and this is the kind of service i get? I googled Peakboost Customer Service and found that Im not the only person this situation has happened too. I read about people not recieving parts for over a YEAR. For ex. http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=80222
I felt i should share this with everyone and Trust me I did not want too but I think people should know about this. Sorry for and grammer errors.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 09:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
good! im feeling that
Old Sep 11, 2010, 07:54 AM

peakboost ****ing SuKS!!!!!!
Dont buy shyt from them beacuse u are guarantee to not get shyt from them or ur money back!!!!!!!
Old Sep 11, 2010, 08:03 AM

heres another incident
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread...ight=peakboost
Old Sep 11, 2010, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ive had good experiences with them personally, but your experience is ridiculous
Old Sep 11, 2010, 09:12 AM

ive had a big issue with them to.. i spoke to Ken him self and he kept making up excuses every time we spoke for my top mount as well.i ordered a Tial wastegate in red and recieved a chrome one. and it took me 9 months to get my manifold!!! i will never do business with them again. how the hell does it take 4 months to make a manifold and 5 months to get the thing polished?? can anyone answer that??
Old Sep 11, 2010, 09:52 AM

That is really ridiculous. If that was my DD, I would be demanding a free loaner car from him or a free rental. Hope it all works out
Old Sep 11, 2010, 10:13 AM

This is really ridiculous. Why are they doing this to people? Honestly I don't mind having to wait a month but I hate it when people hide by not answering phone calls and emails, and that bothers me more that anything else.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 05:08 AM

Peakboost life time warranty = Takes a lifetime to get the warranty!
When u get that manifold back you should sell it so u won't have to deal with that guy/company again, talk to Fabworx (Tony) they are local and have built some awesome manifolds that have proven themselves over and over........That guy Ken is some character.

Last edited by bertune; Sep 13, 2010 at 05:11 AM.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 05:50 AM

I tried ordering a kit for a friends honda and after a week of calling and leaving messages JUST to order the kit in the first place, with not ONE single returned call, i said DO NOT order this kit or anything from these people... its a sign of bad business right there. They went ahead and ordered the kit anyway NUMEROUS months later, it finally showed up and there was no hope of getting a phone call answered or email returned in the mean time of the wait. Spend the extra $ and get parts that come with customer service.

I had similar experiences with "www.cimotorsports.net" i ordered a set of Pauter rods and they constantly told me they were being made and would be shipped to them, then to me... well if you dont even have them in, the rest of the world usually goes with a drop ship straight from the company... so i start looking around and making phone calls after ci wouldnt answer the phone or emails or anything even if it was just mean asking for a simple refund (if i called/emailed from a different area code or email... i got an answer!) and i found extremepsi offering them shipping in 3-5 days! so i call them and they said they could have them to my door in about a week. i called pauter and they never had an order from ci for my rods or ANYTHING with my name ever in any system.... Now, return to calling ci and finally had to threaten them that i had been talking to my lawyer about filing suit and provided all call and email logs to him of no response along with the info i had found out about the parts actually being available elsewhere and i get a response of "give your lawyer the receipt thats in the mail for your refund..." 8 months after initial purchase!!!!!! Refund showed up as coming in about a week after the returned email.

I now better business bureau the hell out of ANY business i work with before they see a penny of my money. I will also call a few times and just ask random questions about a range of products for different platforms sometimes to see if they are indeed helpful etc.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 07:49 AM

damn. try contacting Better Business Bureau
Old Sep 13, 2010, 04:46 PM

^ I looked on that better business bureau website and they have a rating of F. With complaints mostly to delivery issues.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 06:45 PM

That sucks dude.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:32 PM

Peakboost was a big part on ClubRSX. They were good at first but Ken started taking orders when he couldn't fulfill them in time. Before PB knew it they were backed up in orders months even a year behind. There was also the dilemna of him having personal family problems which is not clearly stated on CRSX and also his employees walking out on him. That being said he does work constantly to fufill the orders he has taken but it really is taking a long time like the 1 year wait. I wouldn't bash on Peakboost though due to awesome customer service from what I've heard from long time PB customers but yeah I wouldn't order from him for the time being or send parts back to be fixed unless you have the time to wait until he gets caught up with his work. Just thought I'd fill in the Evo world of what I've heard and Ken's posts on CRSX.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 02:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man seriously thats some messed up **** right there. I knew ken when I turbocharged my accord and gotten my parts from him. I recently called him after I first gotten my evo. Then as I started to call him some more to see what he has available no customer service thats department has been lacking.

Seriously i dont see why do they take the order take your money and dont fulfill their promise. I dont know what kind of stuff they have been through with family but business is business im not trying to hear that ****.

Quick Reply: Peakboost Lifetime warranty