Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

evo 4 RS

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2010, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
converting an evo to wrong wheel drive? hmmmm seriously consider selling it and buying a civic or VW. dont disgrace excellence
Old Sep 11, 2010, 10:49 PM

I don't see this ending well.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 12:52 PM
Evolving Member

LoL, BAN, or close this thread.

cant be done. end of story.

get a civic with b series swap($1000), peice together a turbo kit with stock evo injectors($1500), and get a used apexi safc2($150), and a clutch and slicks($1200), and a street tune($200)

WALLA,... you win. no please dont bastardize the evo agian, ill let this one slide.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 05:12 PM

So much fail in this thread....
Old Sep 12, 2010, 06:35 PM

some EVO III's had switchable transfer cases which let you switch to FWD...maybe a EVO IV's had something like that?
Old Sep 12, 2010, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by EVOL2003
just take out the flux capaitor and this should make it fwd gl with your drag race man dont listen to these guys on here
im not listening man if this guys were in my country...

what is fluxs capaitor?
Old Sep 12, 2010, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by eyewhen
some EVO III's had switchable transfer cases which let you switch to FWD...maybe a EVO IV's had something like that?
thanx for answer mate, but i think it has not switchable transfer, how can i chack it?
Old Sep 13, 2010, 01:28 AM

and another reason of fwd is: in my country there is only one dyno, not only in my country, in region too. and it is NOT for awd cars. it is for fwd and rwd.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 08:11 AM
Evolving Member

Alright, ever herd of street tunes?

Dude, just stop. your making yourseld look like an Idiot.

Theres no point in making your AWD Evo into FWD. thats just plain retarded.

Not trying to bash hard but from the looks of it, it doesnt seem like you know what your talking about...

When you find the flux capacitor let us know, that should be able to make it FWD.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:56 AM

my car is street tuned but have you ever herd that dyno tune is better. everyone here i think has 10.000$ in month, is not it? for you its easy to speak. easy tu spend money. i cant anderstend what are u speeking, im not englishman. do u know how much money i have at my job? i want fwd evo, not civic and eclipse, but nobody in biggest forum knows how to do it. i think: who is idiot? i ask question... and u are going mad coz u donot know answer.

question: how to make evo 4 rs fwd

answer if u know!

if u dont know just Shut up! or **** off,i dont know how to say it in english. in my language it will be "chaijvi" (make **** in ur trothers) and stop joking!
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by me-var
my car is street tuned but have you ever herd that dyno tune is better. everyone here i think has 10.000$ in month, is not it? for you its easy to speak. easy tu spend money. i cant anderstend what are u speeking, im not englishman. do u know how much money i have at my job? i want fwd evo, not civic and eclipse, but nobody in biggest forum knows how to do it. i think: who is idiot? i ask question... and u are going mad coz u donot know answer.

question: how to make evo 4 rs fwd

answer if u know!

if u dont know just Shut up! or **** off,i dont know how to say it in english. in my language it will be "chaijvi" (make **** in ur trothers) and stop joking!
street tuned awd evo will run circles around a dyno tuned fwd evo any day bro... was that too hard for u to understand???....
street tune+awd evo better than dyno tune+fwd evo
sir u fail
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

I could drop another 100+ pounds if I went to FWD

I am sure you can do it, but the tough part will be figuring out the correct tranny to use. It's too bad you couldn't use a FWD tranny out of an eclipse, that would be perfect if it bolted up for ya. Then you could just pull the driveshaft, rear end, and rear axles out and be set.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

{smacks head} good luck man do what you want its your car...its between the motor and tranny man by the way
Old Sep 13, 2010, 12:34 PM
Evolving Member

just send your t.case to shep or tre. all you need to do is have your viscous coupling welded closed or locked so your not transfering gear to the drive shaft. technically your front diff is converted to fwd. your transfer case shaft is remove and welded with a plate. half of these guys dont know what their talking about. you are able to use a mirage 1.5 tranny only if you gonna stay underboost because the 1.5 tranny isnt tuff enough to handle so much torque.

Last edited by downshift411; Sep 13, 2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by downshift411
just send your t.case to shep or tre. all you need to do is have your viscous coupling welded closed or locked so your not transfering gear to the drive shaft. technically your front diff is converted to fwd. your transfer case shaft is remove and welded with a plate. half of these guys dont know what their talking about. you are able to use a mirage 1.5 tranny only if you gonna stay underboost because the 1.5 tranny isnt tuff enough to handle so much torque.
good advice, thenks.

but if i weld viscous coupling, then it cant be unwelded. i want to do this for some days, to tune ecu, to count horses and win dragrace. i found galant vr4 JDM viscous coupling in cheep price(100$), is it same? i found transfer case for chariot grandis JDM for 250$ one guy says tu me that chariots is same, is not it?

Quick Reply: evo 4 RS