Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Consumers Reports

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2003, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey so we lost one magazine comparison. The evo still beat the sti in every other one that ive read and those were actualy done by real car guys, not some old ladies who know nothing about cars.
Old Nov 27, 2003, 02:51 PM

Never have I liked reading the comparisons of cars in articles especially two cars as close as the STi and the EVO. All though I tend to every month a new magazine hits my door step. But different drivers are going to find different results depending on the fact that they both have different ways of treating a vehicle. Some people can bang the crap out of cars and use everything the car is capable of dishing out. And some are a bit easier and don’t tend to trust pushing a car to its "real" limits. And of course some people don’t understand wanting a tight suspension they want the quiet cabin and smooth ride. It should be what best fits what you are looking for.
Old Nov 27, 2003, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

Apparently one of Consumer Reports driver's favorite car is an EVO

http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showth...hreadid=163665
Old Nov 27, 2003, 03:39 PM
Evolving Member

I always look for the ulterior motive. An aquaintance of mine likes to say, just because your are paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Check these links out;

http://www.consumerreports.org/static/0107mit0.html

and

http://www.injuryboard.com/view.cfm/Topic=795

That was a 30 second search on google.

These two organizations don't like eachother much because of the Montero rollover report.

I'm sure CU had their minds made up or the editor gave the writers instructions not to give Mitsu the benefit of the doubt. They probably want to hurt Mitsubishi

I happen to love the smell of the dragstrip and I'm sure the CU writers would describe "pungent and foul smelling". To me the sti looks like Shih Tzu and the evo like a retriever.

The magazine is made for your older aunt who wants to know where to buy the best microwave. They drive Camrys Accords and Altimas.

So, to the CU editor overseeing this article, we've got your number. Nice ****sue!
Old Nov 27, 2003, 06:36 PM
AMX

Consumer reports is a great place to look if you want to find out which gas grill to buy and you have never owned one....Last time I looked my Evo didn't look like a gas grill (but it is black and does have rich exhaust fumes on boost) and since I've owned cars before I don't care what Consumers reports says. After all, do you think the manufacturers of gas grills care what Car and Driver and Motor trend thinks about their gas grills?