Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Alarm Systems

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2003, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The remote is SLIGHTLY smaller than the typical DEI variant (though not by much). The 850 is pretty nice because of these features...

When you remote start the vehicle, the pager sends out the signal to the car, the car starts, and then the system checks to make SURE the car has indeed started (most don't do that) and then sends the signal back to the remote and the little lcd car on the screen starts up.

It has an alarm "pre warn" where if someone bumps your car, it will show you on the remote and beep. This is handy because it doesn't warn you after a hammer is already through your windshield, if someone bumps the car, you'll know, though the alarm won't be going full bore, just the beep for the person too close.

Of course if they do break in your remote goes nuts, and so does the alarm.
Old Nov 29, 2003, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Street Surgeon
Get an Autopage 850LCD.... I work in a car audio security store, and these are AWESOME! They include a remote starter, keyless entry, alarm that transmits to a 2-way remote (on your keychain) and let's you know what's going on with the car etc. We sell them here for 599 installed so look for them installed for near that.

It's a very, VERY nice model, but since you have an '03 Evo, you'll need to purchase a module that will trick your car into thinking that the key is in the ignition (because of the chipped key) before it will work. The module's typically run 80 or so installed.
If you install the module , it defeats the purpose of the key dont you think ???
Old Dec 2, 2003, 04:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got the viper 720 that is great but it doesnt like the turbo timer every time i try to lock the doors it unlocks them when to turbo timer shuts the car off they said to fix that i have to get 2 relays.