Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Buying service for out of state evo?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2010, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
Buying service for out of state evo?

Last edited by kpt6; Dec 4, 2013 at 01:04 AM.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lesson to be learned on this one, never buy a car sight unseen... Ive owned 14 cars in 6 years trust me I know. Especially with a turbo charged car! Don't do it!
Old Sep 22, 2010, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Thank you for the response. I figured if I could find a business to help with the transaction, then they would know a shop where it could be taken locally to do a PPI...
Old Sep 22, 2010, 08:16 PM

Ppi's don't mean squat.... You can't hold them liable for any unexpected mishaps after purchase, they are sometimes paid off buy the car seller or offered a percentage of the sale. I went through the same ordeal with an Audi RS4... After all the ppi's were done I still had a gut feelin that shot wasn't right, went to fl and saved myself a 44,000 dollar mistake.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 08:25 PM
Evolving Member

The problem with the PPI is they dont listen for tcase whine or get the car up to 80 and check to see if there is a slight grind.

CA to AZ really is not that far... I would suggest you do your best to drive up there... although i know that may not be possible..
I drove 5 hours to get mine, stayed the night in a hotel and made a weekend out of it (made the girl happy)
Old Sep 22, 2010, 08:32 PM

Oh ****, he's only 5 hours away!!?? WTF dude just take a damn ride! I wish things were that easy for the past 3 cars u got involved with! Lol. We can make a list of what to look for if you need it...
Old Sep 22, 2010, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

Last edited by kpt6; Dec 4, 2013 at 01:04 AM.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 10:05 AM

so a tranny build, engine build and a little transfer case dosent scare you?
Id be pissed regardless of price.. unless your getting it dirt cheap. Good luck man.

Originally Posted by kpt6
I think it's more like 8 hours away. I actually have gone to different cities such as Vegas, Colorado Springs, and L.A. before to purchase the previous evos I've owned, but I'm not able to travel like that right now unfortunately.

Honestly, with what I plan to do with the car, if there are some mechanical issues, I really don't care, especially because it's at a very reasonable price. That's why I was just wanting to find a mediator to help deal with the transaction.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

^^^Honestly, you've got your opinion across I believe. I wasn't asking for opinions, though I do appreciate your input.

I wrote this thread specifically to ask if there was a buying service to assist me though.

Even if this deal doesn't work out, it would be great to know whether or not something like this exists that can assist me in any car buying experiences in the future.

Thanks
Old Sep 23, 2010, 01:31 PM

I don't think there's a specific company that will do something like this, but I know in the Supra community many members have helped people in your situation by looking at the car, taking pictures, and reporting an honest opinion on the car.

I still agree with the others in that I wouldn't buy a car unseen, especially an Evo, but if you absolutely cannot go pick it up personally, I would reach out to members in the California region and see if someone is willing to help you out.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

^^^Thank you. I thought about doing that, but with the car's price, I figured letting others know about it locally would further decrease my odds of being able to purchase it. As it is, the car is already sold