Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Got my car back!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2003, 10:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Geez...another one with the infamous bumper rust.
Old Nov 26, 2003, 10:35 PM
Evolved Member

Nice job.. Im just curious. Got insurance pay on this?.. Why didnt you just get a bodykit already?.. Since you Evo owners are rich or flowin wit money.. Just curious..
Old Nov 27, 2003, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
First off... the paint is the same color they ordered it from europe by vin number. It is an exact match, i think its just the angle.

bodykits are for ricers, you dont need a body kit in this car. I'm going to do performance mods in the spring and get my WHP up to about 330ish. I'm 20yrs old, I'm not rich I just have a job and no dependents. I only spend my money on my g/f or my car. I make between 200-300 per week, and after saving up because I was waiting for this car to come to the US I purchased it. Its not to hard to do, i dont know why you say Evo owners are rich. I put 21,000 down and got a loan for 11,000, which comes out to 320 per month. which leaves me with about 800 extra every month after i pay all my other bills.
Old Nov 29, 2003, 08:53 PM

Different color

Even the paint is order by Vin #, the difference in the spray process, paint nozzle and how the painter apply the paint (by the his stroke) could result in a mismatch like the evo pictured.

It is very hard to get a perfect match in Silver color, that's why when I had an accident on my previous car which is silver, I can't stand looking at the difference in color on the panel, especially at dawn hours.. so I end up trading it in at a lost

Sad

Last edited by mo168; Nov 29, 2003 at 08:55 PM.