Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

New Evo Insur. Problem

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2003, 03:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Evo Insur. Problem

I'm insured with Progressive. Just read their policy info and realized they only insured my car for $11,850! Called them up and they were happy to raise the limits to $30,000 but this increases my policy cost by almost $500 per year. I suspect their computer still classifys the Evo with the Oz and this is the reason the liability limit was so low. I suggest others check their policy as this may be a common problem! Hope this helps someone else.
Old Nov 26, 2003, 04:01 PM
Evolving Member

I have Progressive and they calculated and priced my EVO correctly. It took 3 phone calls and two policy adjustments, but everything is correct now. Just give them the VIN number and make sure it matches when you receive the paperwork. It ended up beig about $35/month more after the adjustment, but what can you do?
Old Nov 26, 2003, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

I go through Progressive as well, and they had no problem adding my car back at the end of May. Correct car value and name (Evolution) on the insurance card. Maybe my agent helped?