Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

plans for 2011

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2010, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FIC 1250's stock turbo id2000's if upgrading turbo in future.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by 06MRV8Killer
Your question is really broad, you will get a better idea of what you should/could do if you let everyone know your intentions with the car.

I will agree with the statement that EvolutionVIIIrs said about plan smart so that you dont have to waste money over and over again buying different injectors. you might be maxing out the walbro pump running 1250's...

Also keep in mind, I run an HTA Green and have 2150cc FIC's and a double pumper so everyone is talking about all different sizes, I was advised of the same about going over 1250's that there are idle issues etc. the 2150's don't have this problem though.

Also when running E85 you will be running more boost so you should plan to add ARP head studs if you haven't already (you didn't list this but I would assume you do because of the cams) and an upgraded actuator to help with the proper pre-load on the car to get better spool.
I plan on staying with the stock turbo until its not spooling anymore haha but i do not have head studs, but id like to get them, valve springs and retainers. i havent done much to the car since the cam install because of a unwanted CEL. im gonna do a new timing belt too.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 10:54 PM

thanks for the responses guys, anymore feedback is appreciated. im gonna run over all of this with my tuner, hoping that my plans turn out better than this years
Old Sep 28, 2010, 11:22 PM
Evolving Member

Dont you need valve springs and retainers for 272's. And my buddy is running FIC's 1050's and is doing just fine.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

You definitely need to get head studs in the car regardless of running the stock turbo or not since you are going to be running E85 because you are going to be running more boost for sure, and if you are going to be running more boost you should do a better actuator while you are at it so that you are maximizing the turbo and the preload.

If you did the cams it would be VERY wise to do the valve springs at the very least and the retainers if you can afford it.

If your CEL is from the cam sensor then get that out of the way first and foremost and then go to town on the rest.

If you are doing the timing belt do all the other belts as well, and the water pump so that you dont have to pay for the labor twice if something takes a crap later...
Old Sep 29, 2010, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

Well said and do you absolutly have to put heads studs on the Eights or can you ride on the stock ones.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Regardless of E85 being a higher octane and being better at preventing detonation you are going to be running higher boost to run E85 so yeah having head studs is going to be a VERY wise decision unless you like venting your block .

You should have studs simply because you have cams... With certain cams you really shouldn't run them without valve springs either, I'm not sure which ones these apply to be just beware
Old Sep 29, 2010, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

Cool thanx for the up's
Old Sep 29, 2010, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Np