Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Glove box squeak fix

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2010, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb Glove box squeak fix

Mods: move to https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ds-merged.html if appropriate.

Over the past year, I've noticed an annoying squeak/rubbing sound coming from my 2005 EVO's glove box. Others seem to have the same problem, but I didn't see any solutions. Here's what I found.

1: To see if you have the same problem as I did, place your thumb as indicated in the first picture and press down. If you hear a plastic-on-plastic squeak, creak or groan, then you may be a candidate.

2: To fix, bust out a roll of duct tape and open your glove box. On the right side are two plastic ridges. The first ridge is making the noise, so add duct tape to it from the top to the bottom where it meets the rectangular doohickie. See the blurry second picture for an idea of where this is.

3. Close your glove box, install some rich corinthian leather seats, and enjoy your new quiet luxury cruiser!

Tom
Attached Thumbnails Glove box squeak fix-glove_box1.jpg   Glove box squeak fix-glove_box2.jpg