Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Dynojet WideBand Commander.. Available January 2004

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2003, 11:05 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Dynojet WideBand Commander.. Available January 2004

Not sure who's been waiting for this product, but http://www.widebandcommander.com/productinfo.htm there it is, their taking pre-orders now (I placed mine)

I ordered the Sport-Comp gauge.

Let me point out that this is a complete kit, for the $500 you are paying, you get the gauge, controller, sensor, cables, bung & plug, and logging software for your PC..

There are other kits out there, many don't include a sensor, others don't include a display because their intended to run with standalone fuel management. Some have a combination of the two. I chose this one because of its attractive gauge, data logging capability (TPS and RPM logging, possibly other data)

If your looking for something equivalant, you can purchase a UEGO controller from AEM ($400 approx), sensor ($150 approx) and Link digital gauge ($300 according to Link NZ). As you can see assuming they all work equally as well, there's a price difference.

another option is

http://www.techedge.com.au/vehicle/wbo2/default.htm the tech-edge kit. Its an outstanding product and more or less is the same price and has the same features, This was my original choice and was on the verge of purchasing this one until I researched the Dynojet product.

Most of these new devices use the fairly inexpensive Bosch 5v wideband 02 sensor. If your a serious tuner, whether you road tune, or dyno tune, this is something you cannot live without.
Old Nov 28, 2003, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like a great product !
Old Nov 28, 2003, 03:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Other alternatives with a list price <$350:
Innovate Motorsports LM-1
PLX Devices M-300
Old Nov 28, 2003, 03:45 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Yes, those were the two others I was trying to think of.. However the display is what I was looking for (The gauge) I like the LM-1 as a mobile tuning tool that can be moved from car to car. The PLX was nice, but didn't offer any Data Logging capabilities.