Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Currently looking to purchase an evo 8/9

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2010, 07:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Currently looking to purchase an evo 8/9

What do you guys think of these and im just wondering if anyone of you recognize the vehicles so I can know a little more about their condition.

Thanks

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb

Also what do you guys think is the best deal, i have been looking for an evo since may of 2010 and still cannot lock in on one.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 08:47 AM
Evolving Member

those are kind of pricey you can find a fully modded and built one on the forums for that much, wish i would have waited and done that myself. Take your time.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 09:20 AM

These are all located kind of by me, your best bet is to go and look at them in person! Check them out also read up on here. Theres stuff like T-Case whine, etc. Then you just want to do an overall walk around and test drive of the car. The Elite Motors one looks very clean but who knows could be beat! Also do you want 100% or already modded? I'd save the money find one with a TBE, I/C, Piping etc. Just saves you from having to buy it if your going to do it any way!
Old Oct 4, 2010, 10:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
u need to test drive one and look at the mods make sure all vins match also those or kinda high for 03 -05 would see what mod they have how many owner.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 04:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by snobo4rder08

Also what do you guys think is the best deal, i have been looking for an evo since may of 2010 and still cannot lock in on one.
What are you waiting for?
Old Oct 4, 2010, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Spaceman
What are you waiting for?
evo 8/9
less than 60k miles
less than $19,000
No RS or MR
No RED or SILVER

have to purchase through a dealer because i need to finance and bank financing rates suck if u go through a bank
Old Oct 4, 2010, 05:26 PM

I think the 05' looks really good. Good luck with your purchase
Old Oct 4, 2010, 06:01 PM

your second post is sold already, i wouldn't go for the 03, go for the 2005 instead, it has the ACD controls compared to the 03. kind of useful. but yea. they're all kind of pricey, best bet would be to go on craigslist or something, take your time and make sure you don't buy a really messed up evo/ abused evo. some people i've met from the evo meets waited about 1,1.5,2, 6 years and as of my self about 3 years before i found the right one and i picked up an 06 (personal favorite over the 8 or x) with average mileage, tuned, with stock parts, for a little bit more than the white one. after taxes, the white one will probably be more than how much i picked up my 06 evo MR. best of luck though!
Old Oct 4, 2010, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

what do you guys think of these and im just wondering if anyone of you recognize the vehicles so i can know a little more about their condition.

Thanks

also what do you guys think is the best deal, i have been looking for an evo since may of 2010 and still cannot lock in on one.

do not use autotrader.com or.ca its fulled of scammers trust me i have learnt from experience
Old Oct 4, 2010, 06:12 PM

evo 8/9
less than 60k miles
less than $19,000
No RS or MR
No RED or SILVER

have to purchase through a dealer because i need to finance and bank financing rates suck if u go through a bank
Try PenFed.org, when I was shopping for a Nismo 350z I was referred to this site and it was the best thing that ever happened to me! I got 3.99% for 60 months on the Nismo, and now I have 2.99% for 60 months on my Evo! Lowest and best rate! You need to be a member to apply for the loan, but you can open an online checking account with just $5 and then you're good.

Try that before you go to the dealer for financing. When I was shopping for a Nismo, the dealer said the best rate they could give me was 7.xx% and when I told them I could get 3.99% they said I was unrealistic and that it would not happen... you should have seen the dumb look the finance guy had on his face when I came back a couple days later with a check for the car and 3.99% interest rate.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by dee242
do not use autotrader.com or.ca its fulled of scammers trust me i have learnt from experience
The 'Private Sellers' are usually the scammers. If the price is seems too low and the seller is private, it's a really good chance they are scammers.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

to bad u cant swing 22500...id sell u mine
Old Oct 4, 2010, 08:07 PM
Evolving Member

The 'Private Sellers' are usually the scammers. If the price is seems too low and the seller is private, it's a really good chance they are scammers.
i got my evo 9 off autotrader, 17k private sale, no issues, no scam, car is great!
Old Oct 6, 2010, 10:49 PM
Evolving Member

Craiglist, Ebay, or Autotrader.
Or check under for sale section
or check if you have a local EVO forum..
Old Oct 6, 2010, 10:54 PM

Try PenFed.org, when I was shopping for a Nismo 350z I was referred to this site and it was the best thing that ever happened to me! I got 3.99% for 60 months on the Nismo, and now I have 2.99% for 60 months on my Evo! Lowest and best rate! You need to be a member to apply for the loan, but you can open an online checking account with just $5 and then you're good.

Try that before you go to the dealer for financing. When I was shopping for a Nismo, the dealer said the best rate they could give me was 7.xx% and when I told them I could get 3.99% they said I was unrealistic and that it would not happen... you should have seen the dumb look the finance guy had on his face when I came back a couple days later with a check for the car and 3.99% interest rate.

I could of used this info a couple months ago. Good deal. Wonder if they can refinance car loans or if possible?

Quick Reply: Currently looking to purchase an evo 8/9