Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Important

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2003, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've heard that if I don't get a turboback exhaust and buy a cat-back I will lose some of the turbo's performance, is this true?
Old Nov 28, 2003, 02:35 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Its going to be a personal choice.. An aftermarket exhaust is almost always going to gain performance. A turbo back has the advantage of also allowing the turbo to spool up faster and at slightly lower RPM's (at least from my experience) with the 3" Downpipe, 3" cat, and 3" all the way back. I would recommend not peacemealing it together however. If you go with one brand, try to stick with it for the whole package. In the case of some, it may not be possible to do it one component at a time. But sometimes its more cost effective to do everything at once since it ends up costing more to install and modify as you go.
Old Nov 28, 2003, 02:43 PM

This may be off subject, and I'm sorry. But do you guys know how the Evo VIII compares to that new volvo S60r?
Old Nov 28, 2003, 04:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by syzygy
This may be off subject, and I'm sorry. But do you guys know how the Evo VIII compares to that new volvo S60r?
No.