Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Characteristics between EVO IX

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2010, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Characteristics between EVO IX

Okay Im trying to figure out which IX will be right for me,according to Wikipedia, US has 4 different models:

• Standard - revised 5-speed, standard model
  • RS - ralli sport, revised 5-speed, aluminum roof, gauge pack, minimal interior, also no radio
  • SE - Special Edition, aluminum roof/hood, and front fenders, split seven-spoke forged aluminum BBS wheels in "diamond black" finish, HID headlights with integrated fog lights, red-stitched Recaro seats
  • MR - 6-speed, Bilstein monotube shocks, split seven-spoke forged aluminum BBS wheels, aluminum roof, hood, and front fenders, gauge pack, HID headlights with integrated fog lights, vortex generator, front brake cooling ducts and custom MR badging.
Now Which of these can i get the Sun sound and leather pack? I Originally wanted an EVO IX MR for the 6 speed tranny and the upgraded features on the car but I just realized I cannot.

I want the BBS Rims,The HID`s, Vortex Generator, and the SSL pack pretty much.

In your opinion if you own one of these, how is the sound system compared to the rockford fosgate mitsubishi now uses? and whats the Leather like? is it leather with recaro? Wiki info doesnt specifically explain it.

Thanks all
Old Oct 9, 2010, 10:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have the SSL in mine and the leather is awesome. As long as you take care of it it should last a really long time. The stereo sounds great!! There is a thread somewhere of someone trying to get a better sounding system and not having much luck with after-market speakers.
As for the "mods" you want, the vortex generator is only on the MR but you can find them online and add it yourself. I'm pretty sure the HID's come on the SE and MR model. The SSL was an option that (I think) could have been added to any model. I'm not sure of the BBS rims - I'd like to find a set myself!
Old Oct 9, 2010, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by wazzelby
I have the SSL in mine and the leather is awesome. As long as you take care of it it should last a really long time. The stereo sounds great!! There is a thread somewhere of someone trying to get a better sounding system and not having much luck with after-market speakers.
As for the "mods" you want, the vortex generator is only on the MR but you can find them online and add it yourself. I'm pretty sure the HID's come on the SE and MR model. The SSL was an option that (I think) could have been added to any model. I'm not sure of the BBS rims - I'd like to find a set myself!
I Looked at some of your pictures, You have a really nice EVO my friend! Love the Radio, The Rims on yours are the Enkei right? 17 inch? or 18s? If i do end up purchasing the MR I`d want to part out the diamond black finish rims, I prefer lighter alloy type wheels, I`d definately do a swap with you if the rims are the same size
Old Oct 9, 2010, 11:03 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Enjoi
Okay Im trying to figure out which IX will be right for me,according to Wikipedia, US has 4 different models:

• Standard - revised 5-speed, standard model
  • RS - ralli sport, revised 5-speed, aluminum roof, gauge pack, minimal interior, also no radio
  • SE - Special Edition, aluminum roof/hood, and front fenders, split seven-spoke forged aluminum BBS wheels in "diamond black" finish, HID headlights with integrated fog lights, red-stitched Recaro seats
  • MR - 6-speed, Bilstein monotube shocks, split seven-spoke forged aluminum BBS wheels, aluminum roof, hood, and front fenders, gauge pack, HID headlights with integrated fog lights, vortex generator, front brake cooling ducts and custom MR badging.
Now Which of these can i get the Sun sound and leather pack? I Originally wanted an EVO IX MR for the 6 speed tranny and the upgraded features on the car but I just realized I cannot.

I want the BBS Rims,The HID`s, Vortex Generator, and the SSL pack pretty much.

In your opinion if you own one of these, how is the sound system compared to the rockford fosgate mitsubishi now uses? and whats the Leather like? is it leather with recaro? Wiki info doesnt specifically explain it.

Thanks all
SSL was an option only on the model listed as Standard. It includes HIDs. A Vortex generator was an option on any model and stock on the MR. You can buy an OEM replacement and you'll have to look for the BBS' in the classifieds. They were stock on the MR and the SE.

As for the stereo, for better sound you'll need a new HU and amplifier. Not a big deal.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OP, stop searching Wiki and search here.

Originally Posted by wazzelby
The SSL was an option that (I think) could have been added to any model.

SSL was only optional on the GSR models..
Old Oct 9, 2010, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Remixx02
OP, stop searching Wiki and search here.

SSL was only optional on the GSR models..
Lol I suppose that is a better idea. I work for the Canadian side of Mitsubishi and since we didnt sell IX`s here I`m trying to figure out which one is for me. I Like the new EVO X GSR`s but theres a better buy in purchasing a EVO X GSR with SSS Package. GAH! so many options!
Old Oct 9, 2010, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by FJF
SSL was an option only on the model listed as Standard. It includes HIDs. A Vortex generator was an option on any model and stock on the MR. You can buy an OEM replacement and you'll have to look for the BBS' in the classifieds. They were stock on the MR and the SE.

As for the stereo, for better sound you'll need a new HU and amplifier. Not a big deal.
Thanks for the info! This makes things a bit simpler because Im not liking the bbs rims as much anymore. The Enkei`s look better IMO.