Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

High horsepower low bank accounts.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2010, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i think you need to leave out exterior parts and all that stuff.... a set of wheels and racing harnesses have no effect on the wheel horsepower of the car and since thats how you have the chart broken down, i think it shouldnt be included
Old Nov 7, 2010, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
i think you need to leave out exterior parts and all that stuff.... a set of wheels and racing harnesses have no effect on the wheel horsepower of the car and since thats how you have the chart broken down, i think it shouldnt be included
A set of light wheels might not increase horsepower but it will increase how quickly the car actually drives.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO
What kind of build do you want to do?

Mikey
Here is what I plan on doing:
Shep stage 3 Transfercase:
Shep built tranny:
Buschur stage 3 2l short block:
Ported head with oversized valves:
Hta 3586 or 3582 turbo kit with tubular manifold:
Double pumper and high z 1650 injectors
Big Cams
Bigger intercooler and pipes then what I already have.
There will be much more of course, but you get the idea.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ssg_petty_210
Here is what I plan on doing:
Shep stage 3 Transfercase:
Shep built tranny:
Buschur stage 3 2l short block:
Ported head with oversized valves:
Hta 3586 or 3582 turbo kit with tubular manifold:
Double pumper and high z 1650 injectors
Big Cams
Bigger intercooler and pipes then what I already have.
There will be much more of course, but you get the idea.
Go Stroker! lol
Old Nov 7, 2010, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You should do a LR2.4 with a TS 3586. You will spool at 4500 and pull all the way to 8600+. that is what I plan on doing. it would be a sick daily or you could do a 3582 for even more bottomend however you will be limited to 700. I really like my Black but I want 700+daily.

Mikey
Old Nov 7, 2010, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wreckless969
Go Stroker! lol
agree
Old Nov 7, 2010, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Go Stroker! lol
I might, but leaning towards a buschur built 2.0. Well see though. I still have alot of planning to do. I'll start a build thread when it begins though.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

I am sure Mikey will agree with me, these cars on the street with the low end you get fro ma stroker is just retarded fun to drive.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

I am sure Mikey will agree with me, these cars on the street with the low end you get fro ma stroker is just retarded fun to drive.
yes I totally agree 100% I would never run another combo ever. Unless I straight drag and then I might would do a LR2.1 but still doubtful. I know a few 2.3/2.4 that spin over 9k at the track... so I can do it too.

Mikey
Old Nov 7, 2010, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RockmanX
what about us 550-600 or 600-700 range should be that as well then maybe more of us might post just put it plain and simple if your doing a full build expect 20k in parts alone and another 3-4k for labor then alot another 2k for misc things that could happen
Most cars don't make this much HP, much less do they make it reliably. That said there is a section for you guys it's call the 600whp+ range. Please don't come in here criticizing the thread because you don't like it or for other reasons.

I just want to give and idea to the noobs of what it will cost to build an either A) stock appearing street car, speed rocket, etc or B) a fully built, wild, omgWTFkindaEvoisthat car. That's all this thread is intended to do, people can also post there experiences and compare cheap parts to more expensive ones. Whatever, I just wanted to help the n00bs.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A set of light wheels might not increase horsepower but it will increase how quickly the car actually drives.
okay but his chart is clearly wheel horsepower, not track times. so as i stated, its completely pointless to list that stuff cause it has no effect on whp...

its just making it look like it takes way more money then it actually does to get to them whp numbers
Old Nov 7, 2010, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

okay but his chart is clearly wheel horsepower, not track times. so as i stated, its completely pointless to list that stuff cause it has no effect on whp...

its just making it look like it takes way more money then it actually does to get to them whp numbers
Wit hthat said I don't know about you but I make power to go fast. So therefore it is a fully functional mod and I think it is just as relivant as any other supporting mod.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

This thread is not solely about horsepower. If I bought an evo and said to myself "I would sure like to build it in this manner." I could come in here and hopefully find one built to similar spec and get an idea of what it will cost. Obviously it will not be exact cost because some people get hooked up, can install parts themselves, whatever is the case. Whether you want power, looks, handling, a combination of each, or all of the above you'll be able to get an idea of what you need to put in your piggy bank.

This thread is to give an idea of build cost; and or house a database with enough builds that you can find a similar one to what your dream build consist of. It also dual serves to show what parts are commonly used to reach what hp goals. You can press control+f on the first page type in a part name and see how many builds it shows up in.

I thought it would be a useful thread, if you and lots of other people think otherwise I am totally ok with it being deleted. Just thought I'd provide more insight amongst new users and current users.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4xforce
I couldnt even post if I wanted to. You skipped the 400-450 range. I will say however I have spent in the neighborhood of $4k including tuning and powder coating stuff.
If you want to, its in there now or I can post it up for you; but every post helps

Last edited by Boostfiend; Nov 7, 2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO
You should do a LR2.4 with a TS 3586. You will spool at 4500 and pull all the way to 8600+. that is what I plan on doing. it would be a sick daily or you could do a 3582 for even more bottomend however you will be limited to 700. I really like my Black but I want 700+daily.

Mikey
700+ for a daily driver Hot Damn!

Quick Reply: High horsepower low bank accounts.