Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Pros v. Cons.........Bushings

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2010, 08:58 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
I'm running the WORKS under hood and shifter cage bushings without any issues. I've had them in for over a year and a half. Follow the directions and with tools it took like an hour.

I'm also running their short throw shifter, but that's for another thread.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TWM Performance
Dam! I didn't realize that you had a IX...I scanned the thread quickly. Having said that, we have so many cable bushings for so many cars that I'm sure we have something here that would fit. If you would be interested in doing some mini development for us, and you wanted to check some measurements and dimensions of the stock ones, we could see if we would have anything for the Evo IX guys.

Sorry about the confusion.

Patrick
Team TWM Performance
Did you guys come up with an Evo IX kit yet?

Would love those bronzoil ones for my IX! lol
Old Apr 24, 2011, 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm also in the process of buying one,
I think I'm leaning towards works Urethane..
Old Apr 24, 2011, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

I have the AMS underhood bushings. Never had to relube them. They shift just fine. Had them for a couple years...
Old Apr 24, 2011, 01:59 PM

I got the Buschur ones and never looked back!
Old Apr 24, 2011, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

This is the first i have heard of having to lubricate the metal (aluminum) bushings.

Do you really need to lub them up? If so how often is the frequency? I was thinking of getting the Buschur bushings myself.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

I've ran buschurs for about a year now, just glob on copper anti-seize and it should do just fine. I just took a look at them two days ago when installing my mini battery and they're doing just fine with lots of anti seize still on there, even after a michigan winter.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Raistlin
This is the first i have heard of having to lubricate the metal (aluminum) bushings.

Do you really need to lub them up? If so how often is the frequency? I was thinking of getting the Buschur bushings myself.
Absolutely lube them. I greased my Buschur aluminum bushings and they were seized and were a PITA to get out and causing shifting issues (this was after 4 years and I never re-lubed them fyi). I used multi-purpose automotive grease which I thought would be fine. I guess I should have used a different type. I switched to Delrin bushings. Tell Caramon I said hi.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm using the WORKS/Kartboy underhood shifter bushings and shifter assembly poly bushings. The shifter assembly made a bigger difference IMO. I have never needed to lube them up or service them and they have been performing flawlessly. This is on an evo VIII. You can buy the Works if you want blue, or Kartboy if you like neon green. They are the same thing though.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sirsol
I've ran buschurs for about a year now, just glob on copper anti-seize and it should do just fine. I just took a look at them two days ago when installing my mini battery and they're doing just fine with lots of anti seize still on there, even after a michigan winter.
Yeah I assumed the anti-seize at that install. I should have asked if they needed relubing at a later date.

If I do not have to relube them often I think it would be worth it as my evo is no longer my dd and is garaged. I just want to make sure they will not lock up on me out of the blue

Originally Posted by Exciting News
Absolutely lube them. I greased my Buschur aluminum bushings and they were seized and were a PITA to get out and causing shifting issues (this was after 4 years and I never re-lubed them fyi). I used multi-purpose automotive grease which I thought would be fine. I guess I should have used a different type. I switched to Delrin bushings. Tell Caramon I said hi.

So you didn't use anti-seize just normal grease? I think the metal bushings might be the best but if they require extra maint. that others do not it might be a draw back.

you recognize the name