Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: With pictures, and her statement, do you think she did it?
Yes
85.37%
No
0%
Possibly/Not Enough evidence to decide
14.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

My Evo Was The Victim Of A Hit & Run

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2010, 03:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the only problem is the police will say that it costs too much to do the paint samples. etc. her story on what happened to her bumper doesnt quite match up. first she didnt know about it, neither did her boyfriend. then her friend told her last wednesday that sum1 had hit her. then she goes on saying that the mark got on her car 6 months ago.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 04:10 PM

Sucks to hear, good luck!
Old Nov 12, 2010, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
1. paint scrapes match
2. height matches
3. Does the thickness height of your damage match her damage? (probably)
4. Does the corner of your car to the corner of her car to where you're vehicle was park match for this damage to occur (remake the hit and run)?
5. What time does she nomrally go to work?

I'm sorry, but seriously, most hit and runs when your car is at home is from someone in your neighborhood in my experience (in that type of time frame).
My brothers car had a very bad hit and run, destroyed the entire side of the car, my dad matched the reflector corner pieces to the kids car down the street perfectly (and the color of paint and damage etc.).....
He spoke to the kids father (not accusing because my father isn't like that), and the kid got nervous and admitted it.... if all 5 of those things match, your not blaming an 'innocient' person IMO.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 06:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GTijoejoe
1. paint scrapes match
2. height matches
3. Does the thickness height of your damage match her damage? (probably)
4. Does the corner of your car to the corner of her car to where you're vehicle was park match for this damage to occur (remake the hit and run)?
5. What time does she nomrally go to work?

I'm sorry, but seriously, most hit and runs when your car is at home is from someone in your neighborhood in my experience (in that type of time frame).
My brothers car had a very bad hit and run, destroyed the entire side of the car, my dad matched the reflector corner pieces to the kids car down the street perfectly (and the color of paint and damage etc.).....
He spoke to the kids father (not accusing because my father isn't like that), and the kid got nervous and admitted it.... if all 5 of those things match, your not blaming an 'innocient' person IMO.
cant really re enact it. but i plan on getting a tape measure or ruler again and checking the width between the bigger top and bottom marks on both vehicles. and if all of that matches, and the investigation says they cant prove it was her....lemme rob a store, not get caught on camera or by someone seeing me, but would get arrested and questioned for a shoe print left behind. but i can say no wasnt me, and get out of it that easy.

*knowing how shady these ppl are to lie straight to a cop about something so small, they will have patched up their vehicle and gotten rid of any silver paint on their bumper.

Last edited by shrtstuff89; Nov 12, 2010 at 06:08 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 06:10 PM
Evolving Member

A brick through one of her car windows might make you feel better if she gets off the hook.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 06:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jdlewh
A brick through one of her car windows might make you feel better if she gets off the hook.
yes, and as long as nobody witnesses me do it, even if the brick is missing off my building, im innocent right?
Old Nov 12, 2010, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Just pay the $200, that all seems like waaaayyy too much work for $200. I live in MI, we are a no-fault state where everyone just pays there own deductible anyway so it doesn't matter who's fault it is, unless there is a ticket involved and that just means whoever gets it has there insurance rates jacked up. To me not worth the time. I understand your mad someone hit your baby and then didn't at least say, "I'm sorry", but going to court, taking paint samples, etc...I just have better things to do with my time for $200. Just be happy it's not more $$ and a lot more down time.

The brick on the other hand should only take a couple minutes out of your day, as long as you already have a brick.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 06:51 PM

love it i feel the same way.. sometimes i wish i could make my car throw rocks at other cars when there being idiots... some people these days are just terrible drivers.. makes you wonder if the DMV is just handing out licenses now..

Last edited by AdamWest; Nov 12, 2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by impact blue
Just let it go its not worth it what if she really didnt do it you would be blaming an innocent person. Not being an ******* here but perhaps she's hit plenty of cars but not yours. You see this is why I hate people like that who cant drive they **** it up for everyone else and they always seem to hit the nice cars not even the ****ed up ones tha actually deserve to get hit. This kind of stuff makes me not want to drive anymore to tell you the truth.

love it i feel the same way.. sometimes i wish i could make my car throw rocks at other cars when there being idiots... some people these days are just terrible drivers.. makes you wonder if the DMV is just handing out licenses now..
Old Nov 12, 2010, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I feel for you man. I really do. It sux when someone messes up the thing you work so hard to keep nice. I would take to court. It's not the money, its a matter of principle. BTW, THIS is a hit and run: I parked my car in the parking deck and the next morning it was like this:

$8500 Later.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
WTF

Please tell me they caught who did that ^
Old Nov 12, 2010, 07:34 PM
Evolving Member

That sucks many you are just not having any good luck with your car at all are ya. hope it gets better for ya.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 09:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by shrtstuff89
cant really re enact it. but i plan on getting a tape measure or ruler again and checking the width between the bigger top and bottom marks on both vehicles. and if all of that matches, and the investigation says they cant prove it was her....lemme rob a store, not get caught on camera or by someone seeing me, but would get arrested and questioned for a shoe print left behind. but i can say no wasnt me, and get out of it that easy.

*knowing how shady these ppl are to lie straight to a cop about something so small, they will have patched up their vehicle and gotten rid of any silver paint on their bumper.

I was attacked walking home from the bar. Long story short, cops came, the guy and 2 friends said he didnt do it and the cop told me they couldn't do nothing about it (lack of witnesses). So evidence is everything. I hope the police take action and make that woman pay. Good luck man
Old Nov 12, 2010, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

you should just take her to court for lying to your face
Old Nov 12, 2010, 09:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by shrtstuff89
yes, and as long as nobody witnesses me do it, even if the brick is missing off my building, im innocent right?
Exactly!

Quick Reply: My Evo Was The Victim Of A Hit & Run