Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: With pictures, and her statement, do you think she did it?
Yes
85.37%
No
0%
Possibly/Not Enough evidence to decide
14.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

My Evo Was The Victim Of A Hit & Run

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2010, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Evo Was The Victim Of A Hit & Run

parked the car at 4am. went back out at 845am. and got to see that someone was nice enough to hit it, not leave a note or anything, and continue about their day.
it's not severe, but it sure as hell ruined my week, especially since i just got it back from the shop a week ago.

Then, being the investigator i am, walked to check out all the red cars in the parking lot of my apartments....stumbled upon this red stratus...

called cops, filed a report, they talked to the owner, and the b*tch still denies it. at first we asked if she hit anyone, she says no. asks if she knew what the marks were from on her bumper, she said she doesnt know, her friend told her last week. then we asked how she got it, she says it happened like 6 months ago at work. stupid. hope to see her in court for hit and run. cop even measured the height of the scratches, and with a tape measure, they are within a 1/4 inch in height from each other.

Last edited by shrtstuff89; Nov 12, 2010 at 08:20 AM.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
I would say that you solved this one. It even looks as though there is silver paint transfer on her bumper. I would park your car right next to hers to see if the heights seem to match up.

As for taking this to court, is it really worth your time and effort? Personally I would try to have a rational conversation with her and try to settle it yourselves. If all else fails then take ehr to court. Goodluck
Old Nov 12, 2010, 08:23 AM
Evolving Member

^^^^ looks like she did it man. Good luck when you go to court.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just let it go its not worth it what if she really didnt do it you would be blaming an innocent person. Not being an ******* here but perhaps she's hit plenty of cars but not yours. You see this is why I hate people like that who cant drive they **** it up for everyone else and they always seem to hit the nice cars not even the ****ed up ones tha actually deserve to get hit. This kind of stuff makes me not want to drive anymore to tell you the truth.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 08:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by impact blue
Just let it go its not worth it
its not just about getting hit and repairing it, but the morals and decency to write a note saying im sorry heres my info ill fix it.yah the damage isnt too bad, but what if next time its worse or actually injures someone
Old Nov 12, 2010, 08:58 AM
Evolving Member

I definately think she did. The markings match up and the paint transfer. Good luck.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 09:04 AM

I think it is safe to say she probably did it. But i feel really sorry for her if she was not responsible...
Old Nov 12, 2010, 09:13 AM
Evolving Member

Hope everything works out man.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 09:27 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 350 Likes on 264 Posts
She probably did do it, judging by the two main paint transfers between the cars (top and bottom). Her top scratch is more severe than her lower scratch and its the same thing on your car. I don't want to be the one to point fingers, but some people are just too scared to step up and take responsibility for their own actions. It sucks that this happened to you man, but if all else fails in court, fix it yourself and keep reminding yourself that you drive an evo and she drives a piece of **** stratus...which she deserves.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

Sad thing is she is like 45 her bf drives a Jaguar. She had the choice to come clean but wouldn't. So now if the investigation has enough evidence to prosecute her, I'd be willing. It's costing me 200 to fix. Goin to get an estimate today.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 12:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If this were me and I wanted to teach her a lesson, I would get the police to collect four paint samples.
1. a paint sample from her bumper.
2. a paint sample from your bumper.
3. a paint sample of the red paint on your bumper.
4. a paint sample of the silver paint on her bumper.

Send all four samples to a reputable laboratory for testing to verify that they match. Make sure that the testing done would be admissible evidence in court.
Once I got the report back from the lab, I would approach them and ask them if given the evidence they would like to reimburse you for your damages and the lab fees. If they say no, then I would advise them that they should be getting a subpoena shortly for their court appearance and that you will be seeking damages, lawyer fee, laboratory fees, and any lost wages due to the incident and litigation....and to have a nice day.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 01:10 PM
Evolving Member

Guilty until proven innocent. You got her good.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

damn dude that sucks....I hate when ppl do **** like that! Good luck man. Luckily its not to bad
Old Nov 12, 2010, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by impact blue
Just let it go its not worth it what if she really didnt do it you would be blaming an innocent person. Not being an ******* here but perhaps she's hit plenty of cars but not yours. You see this is why I hate people like that who cant drive they **** it up for everyone else and they always seem to hit the nice cars not even the ****ed up ones tha actually deserve to get hit. This kind of stuff makes me not want to drive anymore to tell you the truth.
I agree with you a 100 percent! people drive to aggressive and fast but can't control their fu*king cars
Old Nov 12, 2010, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

3 strike rule proving guilt:

1) matching paint marks/transfers

2) poor excuses

3) woman driver

Quick Reply: My Evo Was The Victim Of A Hit & Run