Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My evo met a guardrail :(

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2010, 07:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish I was in your shoes....

no coverage for this...

Spun a bearing, had to swap motor, upgraded to stage 2 tranny and stage 2 tcase with RS LSD...
Old Nov 13, 2010, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
what i wanted to do was have the body show fix the damage like the pain on the door that got chipped and stuff and then have them instead of putting OEM on put on carbon fenders n hood and get a nice front cover but i dont know whats going on now
Old Nov 13, 2010, 02:06 PM

Sorry to hear it - I have found that you can usually negotiate with the insurance companies ... to a point
Old Nov 14, 2010, 02:57 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by henrys
Sorry to hear that. It's actually YOUR choice of who fixes it. The insurance company can make suggestions but they cannot legally tell you who must fix your car.
Exactly. My Evo kissed a guardrail a couple of years ago. It resulted in a mass of damage, all cosmetic. We had the car fixed by a trusted individual who even took the time to match the factory orange peel. Due to the cost of the job, the insurance company wanted to cut the check in my name and the shop's name, which was fine. We only used factory parts. I don't know if this helps the OP, but I'd most definitely suggest looking for your own shop that does high-quality work.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

So im going tomorrow to talk to the body shop was going to see if they would make a deal with me on replacing with some aftermarket parts. Was considering a seibon cf hood and an evo 9 front bumper. Anyone else have other ideas ? Any good bumpers u can recomend or a better cf hood
Old Nov 15, 2010, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Hey guys so i got my quote back from insurance and i am going to be purchasing some aftermarket parts my insurance agent is cool with it. so i was wondering some things. my oem hood came out to $1188 so i am getting a Carbon fiber hood and keeping the extra cash from that. im not sure if with the extra cash if i should buy a carbon trunk or should i get cams?? also the front bumper is 300 so i was wondering should i get an aftermarket? i really like the Evo 9 front end and the cwest front end. so were can i get these? if i were to buy an evo 9 front bumper or the c west would it bolt right up? or will the body shop be charging me for having to modify it? any help if greatly appreciated thanks!! i am taking all the info on aftermarket parts to him tomorrow so if anyone can help me out asap that would be great

(mainly I want to know will the 9 bumper bolt right up??)

Last edited by polish_pounder; Nov 15, 2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 04:07 AM
Evolved Member

Anyone ??? Ease help im going today any of this info would be helpfull
Old Nov 16, 2010, 04:49 AM

IMHO aftermarket body panels are going to decrease the value of your car. I would have it repaired to OEM spec so when you add parts you can always take it back to stock if you ever wanted to sell it.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

The reason im going carbon hood is because I will never be able to afford it on my own not to mention I dont plan on getting rid of my evo I love it
Old Nov 16, 2010, 03:21 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by polish_pounder
The reason im going carbon hood is because I will never be able to afford it on my own
You realize that "C/F" hoods weigh more than stock, right? That's why you don't see a lot of Evos that aren't riced with them. It's pointless.

... not to mention I dont plan on getting rid of my evo I love it
Then maintain it as an Evolution, and not some bastardized atrocity. You have a rare chance to come out with an Evo (almost) restored to its original condition. Don't be foolish and pass on the chance. Good luck.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

I say you get the 8 front bumper, chop the nose of it off, get a carbon fiber trunk and if you have some $$$ left over, get carbon air ducts for the front bumper
Old Nov 16, 2010, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

actually I see quite alot of carbon hoods on evos

And i am gettin it not because its light but because I like the look. Like I said I plan on keeping my evo not selling it so im doing it for me

Last edited by polish_pounder; Nov 16, 2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

so is this what EVOM has come to? a guy wrecks his car, someone tells him to learn to drive and gets scolded because we should "make him feel better?" seriously? lol I didn't know it was my job to baby people after they do something stupid and mess their cars up.

like someone else said, get the estimate for OEM parts, take the check, source the parts yourself, do what work you can, and with the money you save, go to an autocross/trackday/driving school so you don't end up in a ditch somewhere. oh, and stop crying like a lil biznitch.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

I feel ya, but hey, your ok and also your evo will be too soon. I agree with the other guys. Get the check, buy used parts from here, and whatever is left over, get your baby some goodies
Old Nov 16, 2010, 09:12 PM
Evolving Member

wrecking always sucks.. I went through almost same thing with sti.. But it will be a great day when the body shop fixes your car up and It's looks like it never happened and full coverage is always a plus.

Quick Reply: My evo met a guardrail :(