Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

unsprung weight research(rotors ect)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2010, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Ah...this is definitely a science, not an art. It's called "dynamics."

I'd suggest everybody get out their physics books and get reading, but I can tell this is 4th grade math in here...

As far as sprung vs. unsprung, the more important thing to look at is rotational vs. static. When looking at rotational, the faster the angular velocity changes (angular acceleration) the bigger impact it will have. The further from the axis of revolution, the larger the impact.

Unsprung vs. sprung is more important when tuning natural frequency of the suspension. How it impacts the cars actual performance is not that great, it helps, but not by a huge margin over just pulling weight off the chassis. Pulling unsprung weight of the car is often pretty expensive once you get past the basics too. Weight above the center of gravity is probably more important.

Last edited by 03whitegsr; Nov 16, 2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is what was from girodisc!!!!!!!
Re: Rotors
We have 2 types of rotors for the EVO 8/9 We have our standard 2pc rotors which are about 26lbs lighter for the front and rear set over the stock rotors. We also have our Ultralite rotors which are an additional 18lbs lighter then our 2pc rotors so 44lbs of rotational mass removed. The Ultralites are strictly autocross, drag rotors and they are designed for people getting everything they can out of their rotors. They are already cut to min mill thickness but there is nothing lighter that utilizes the stock calipers with fully functional e-brake.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

Read!!!!!! What does that say? 44lbs what?
Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pizzamanevo8
Read!!!!!! What does that say? 44lbs what?
Its a mistake when he said "removed".. Can you not see the 2 threads with scales.. Are you that stubborn and thickheaded that you cant say maybe they made mistake in that message?? I already msg Martin the owner of Girodisc just so you will finally get it thru your head.. you must be the most stubborn member on this forum i have ever seen.. tomorrow when the owner replies back ill post here so maybe it will get thru your head.. you lack common sense.. You only know what you read on 1 excerpt.. You lack mental skills to realize that if a drag rotor cant save 44lbs these cant.. either way ill have martins reply tomorrow and save your money i already know im right..

Mike
Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:34 PM
Evolved Member

I talked to them today on the phone cause I was asking about make c6zo6 rotors and I got the same answer. I was thinking of putting them on that car as well of they offered them. I'm not being thickhead and I definatley don't lack mental skills. I actually have very successful businesses! I'm only going on what I was informed on. So until they girodisc say they were wrong by the info they gave me twice. Then I go with what they say. That's like you saying one thing about your product and someone saying no your wrong! You understand what I'm saying little frogman? If I'm wrong it's from misinformation from the manufacturer. If your wrong you made yourself look like a fool for arguing with me. When you could have kept your mouth shut or fingers off the keyboard until you had your answer. Evryone is gonna listen to what you say cause you have respect on this forum but coming at me sideways and calling me little grasshopper and you don't even know me! Harrisburg pa. 4640 high pointe blvd. Suite 64
Harrisburg pa. 17111. Come over a get a slice on me!
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OP needs to take a dynamics class.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by pwrofturbo
OP needs to take a dynamics class.
Op needs to take a class in 4th grade math, forget dynamics.. I could take the dynamics class myself and learn something for sure.. This kid has NO HOPE..
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:46 PM
Former Sponsor

I talked to them today on the phone cause I was asking about make c6zo6 rotors and I got the same answer. I was thinking of putting them on that car as well of they offered them. I'm not being thickhead and I definatley don't lack mental skills. I actually have very successful businesses! I'm only going on what I was informed on. So until they girodisc say they were wrong by the info they gave me twice. Then I go with what they say. That's like you saying one thing about your product and someone saying no your wrong! You understand what I'm saying little frogman? If I'm wrong it's from misinformation from the manufacturer. If your wrong you made yourself look like a fool for arguing with me. When you could have kept your mouth shut or fingers off the keyboard until you had your answer. Evryone is gonna listen to what you say cause you have respect on this forum but coming at me sideways and calling me little grasshopper and you don't even know me! Harrisburg pa. 4640 high pointe blvd. Suite 64
Harrisburg pa. 17111. Come over a get a slice on me!
I will get the OWNER OF GIRODISC to clarify tomorrow grasshopper.. I hope your business doesnt involve collecting money.. because if it does you can be sure the cash drawer will be short every day..

Mike
Old Nov 17, 2010, 12:26 AM
Evolved Member

Mike! You are a piece of work that needs some help how about you and your mom take the class with me! Business drawer is on always! How old are you? I'm 30 own my house free and clear. You have a gt3 older used! I just got rid of a brand new cls63amg. Bently, Ferrari, let's not talk about success. You ride so hard on other people. You were on percisions sac with the 6765 now your riding Fp sac with the 3794! Why cause they give you free stuff and they know if you say it's better than it must be. Why is it that the 3794 is better? Fact it flows 90lbs per minute tested at 36spi. 6765 flows 90lbs per min tested at 30psi. 6765 was rated conservatively. Fp:3794 you made everyone think it's better yet spooled later with a stock ported intake manifold, then you said the 6765 car had a big intake manifold that if you used it would make more power and don't forget make it spool even later. So how's that better? Turbo spools later with a stock ported intake manifold than a big race one! And you say I sound Dumb! I really wish you were closer! I'm glad that I make you feel like you have to prove something!
Old Nov 17, 2010, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Mike you deter cut me off a "slice" of your winnings.

OP. Dude your wrong. I own a set of the ultralite rotors too. Guess what. Your still wrong. Ill take pepperoni on my slice. And a coke no ice. Make it a large
Old Nov 17, 2010, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

Sorry, i have a contract with pepsi.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

o yummy. ill have a Mug then.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 06:45 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
<grin> You should have said, "No Coke. Pepsi," or am I the only one who gets the reference?
Old Nov 17, 2010, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FJF
<grin> You should have said, "No Coke. Pepsi," or am I the only one who gets the reference?
Pepsi makes Mug.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

I just cant see why he is so against what was told to me buy the manufacturer. If he told me his driveshaft was 30lbs lighter than stock i would take his word for it, and if someone contradicted what he said i wouldnt listen until he told me its true. If you read exactly what they said standard 2pc is 26lbs lghter, and our ultralites are 18lbs lighter than our standard 2pc rotors that is 44lbs removed. 26+18= 44 Is that math correct? That is what girodisc wrote! Not me.

Quick Reply: unsprung weight research(rotors ect)