Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Blew my motor!! so much for the FP Black on the stocker!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2010, 10:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blew my motor!! so much for the FP Black on the stocker!

Well, after chasing down numerous boost leaks, a bad cam sensor, and crank sensor. Everything was running perfectly on the car again. Went out tonight for a little cruise and as i was smiling slamming gears onto the Garden State Parkway i hit 4th and BAM BOOM BING!!!!
Sounded like a bunch of animals under the hood banging hammers under the hood, and a HUGE cloud of white smoke in the rear-view mirror. I IMMEDIATELY pull off and rip the ebrake up, just in time to see the flames coming through the hood scoop. SWEET!!! I quickly pulled the keys, and ran to the back for my nice newly installed kill switch, and the flames quickly died out. I called 911, and my girlfriend who came there in a panic.. As the NJ Trooper showed up, he was smiling, as I asked him if i could use his flashlight real quick to check out the damage.. He laughed, and asked what happened... " I think i blew the motor"... Anyway, he chuckled as i ask if i could go home ( i live .5 miles away) and get my truck and trailer for it. He responded that after seeing the car, he figured I would have a trailer to pull it with..

Anyway, will post pictures tomorrow as i start pulling her apart, but theres Oil splattered all over the firewall, windshield, etc.. and Shrapnal EVERYWHERE!!!

I guess the 500whp on the stock block didnt go over so well.. I guess this is just a reason to go BR 2.0 sooner then I thought!! Wheres Mike @ AWD, i got some parts I have to order up!!

Oh and heres a picture of me on the parkway with the trooper sitting behind me(sorry, cell phone pic)!!
Old Nov 18, 2010, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

damn... it's ok... you'll be iight... built 2.0 time...
Old Nov 18, 2010, 10:33 PM
Evolving Member

yea I knew the time was comming soon for the built block. I mean, I am running a black on E85.. Pretty aggressive tune as well. So the ten point cage is going in, and its game time.. Im shooting for 9s now. Here we go!
Old Nov 18, 2010, 10:33 PM
Evolved Member

Damn man that sucks, sorry to hear. Stock motors hold up over 500hp but your's is one to give up the ghost.

But like you said time to upgrade to stronger and better.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 10:39 PM

Was the tune on it Good?
Old Nov 18, 2010, 10:44 PM
Evolved Member

glad that you can see the positives of the situation! I agree; built engine time and never look back.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 10:51 PM
Evolving Member

yea, it was pretty aggressive tho.. Then again, it was only at 27lbs. And the motor only had 38,xxx miles on it. But shes been though alot. But like i said. Now ill be shooting for 9s!!

So FP black, on E85 ( AMS intercooler, AMS short route IC piping, Fidanza cam gears, BR double pumper, FIC 1450cc injectors, Hallman Pro BC, Spoolin up COP kit, Speed Density, )plus the new shopping list

BR 2.0, BR stage 3 head, AWD 272 cams, L19 ARP headstuds, OEM Mitsu Engine gasket set, OEM Mitsu front cover w/ oil pump and gears, and Evo 8 AC delete sound good?
Old Nov 18, 2010, 11:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I will get you setup bro no worries.. Time to go big now!!!

Mike
Old Nov 18, 2010, 11:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AWD Motorsports
I will get you setup bro no worries.. Time to go big now!!!

Mike

Damn, already got your PM back.. Do you ever sleep? lol

Mike you seriously helped me out in the past, and I promised Id work with you again.
And with prices and customer service like that, I'd be crazy not too!! Oh and be sure to toss in a big AWD sticker for my rear window that Ill show with PRIDE!!
Old Nov 18, 2010, 11:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EvolutionVIIIrs
Damn, already got your PM back.. Do you ever sleep? lol

Mike you seriously helped me out in the past, and I promised Id work with you again.
And with prices and customer service like that, I'd be crazy not too!! Oh and be sure to toss in a big AWD sticker for my rear window that Ill show with PRIDE!!
I have some crazy hours.. LOL

No problem man ill get back to you on the small details tomorrow and for sure ill get you some stickers to rep AWD in Joisey!!!!

Mike
Old Nov 18, 2010, 11:15 PM
Evolving Member

damn bro sorry to hear about this but keep those good spirits up and go big.... a lot of people would of b!tched out and gave up sold everything... g/l
Old Nov 18, 2010, 11:17 PM
Evolving Member

Wow what a bummer bro. Sorry to hear that. Hope you have better luck with your new motor.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 11:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BuBBasEVO
damn bro sorry to hear about this but keep those good spirits up and go big.... a lot of people would of b!tched out and gave up sold everything... g/l

After all the money I have invested in her I could NEVER sell!! Besides, shes my child. You cant just go and sell your child because she gets sick and has to go to the doctors all the time!!!

Originally Posted by evo8 951
Wow what a bummer bro. Sorry to hear that. Hope you have better luck with your new motor.
Yea, she'll be babied until the spring time. Hopefully shes back up and running by the New Year, but I'm in no rush being the soon to be snows arrival!
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Its not the horsepower that killed it. Its the torque of them fp turbos.....
Old Nov 19, 2010, 01:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
Its not the horsepower that killed it. Its the torque of them fp turbos.....

yea. It was higher then I had expected. IIRC it made 519/458

Thing pulled like no tomorrow...

Quick Reply: Blew my motor!! so much for the FP Black on the stocker!