Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

HELP! What is this noise? Have you ever heard it?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2010, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP! What is this noise? Have you ever heard it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9OoFsvzj18
Old Nov 20, 2010, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

mine makes that sound only when i shut it off, sounds a little different.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by WolfsFang
mine makes that sound only when i shut it off, sounds a little different.
Really thats so weird. I just got the evo and its been in the garage for 3 weeks and i havent drove it. So im not sure if this is normal or not. I changed my clutch this week but i know that has nothing to do with the noise. Unless the crank sensor is making that noise???

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Alex/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]this thing
Attached Thumbnails HELP! What is this noise? Have you ever heard it?-step_368.jpeg  
Old Nov 24, 2010, 08:03 PM

HELP!!!! Its still making this noise! And now my car wont even start and all this happened after changing the clutch and the flywheel! Its not the battery i already checked. Idk what it could be. I also read this thread and tried what they said and still nothing? Before i take it to a shop that will give me a bunch of BS about me needing this and that and then it dosent solve the problem i would like to try to find the prob myself so any help would be greatly appreciated!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ver-heard.html
Old Nov 24, 2010, 08:04 PM

This is what i meant to post!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-pls-help.html
Old Nov 25, 2010, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
could it be a bad ignition switch? Almost sounds like a shorted wire sparking. Quick question, I like how you painted the oem heatshield, what did you use? Looks great.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Uaevolancer
HELP!!!! Its still making this noise! And now my car wont even start and all this happened after changing the clutch and the flywheel! Its not the battery i already checked. Idk what it could be. I also read this thread and tried what they said and still nothing? Before i take it to a shop that will give me a bunch of BS about me needing this and that and then it dosent solve the problem i would like to try to find the prob myself so any help would be greatly appreciated!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ver-heard.html
There are lots of things you can check yourself and with the help of this forum before needing to take it to a shop. You can somewhat easily take out the starter, alternator, and battery and have those tested for free. Take your time and try to do as much as you can yourself and you will save alot of money and you will learn alot about your car at the same time.

You can also test alot of these without haveing to take them off the car. Do you have access to wiring diagrams and a meter?
Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:19 AM

I painted that header cover by sanding it down to the bare metal and then getting high tempature paint and painting it and letting it dry for like a week. They do sell exhaust paint that is capable of 1500F I would use that