Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

** Uncle Sam has called so its time for a ROAD TRIP**

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2010, 02:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MR.ev021
haha. per diem + BAH = evo parts... well good luck in school. I'm not a big fan of C130's.. Guess the cramped space and getting the boot out of it doesn't help either. lol. Road trip with the evo was definately fun though. Gas expenses killed me though lol..
ya im not a fan of them either i loved working on fighters when i was active.

so far gas hasnt been too bad.

L.A 3/4 tank
Barstow half tank fill up plus 5 gal jug
$50
Needles Ca just over half tank topped off
$25

right now just over a 1/4 tank so going to fill her up and head my way to Albuquerque,NM then Amarillo,TX.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by S@nt0s
ya im not a fan of them either i loved working on fighters when i was active.

so far gas hasnt been too bad.

L.A 3/4 tank
Barstow half tank fill up plus 5 gal jug
$50
Needles Ca just over half tank topped off
$25

right now just over a 1/4 tank so going to fill her up and head my way to Albuquerque,NM then Amarillo,TX.
Yeah I did it this road trip back in mid 2008 when gas prices in the west coast literally cost an arm and a leg and maybe your first born child. You're taking the exact same route I took traveling from the west to east. Well watch out for them semi-tires. and road kills esp. lol.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by MR.ev021
Yeah I did it this road trip back in mid 2008 when gas prices in the west coast literally cost an arm and a leg and maybe your first born child. You're taking the exact same route I took traveling from the west to east. Well watch out for them semi-tires. and road kills esp. lol.
no **** the semi tires were everywhere but i am now at Sheppard. drove from flagstaff all the way here. man im beat! ill post pics up tomorrow since this lan line **** they have in here sucks.
But the evo didnt skip a beat
Old Dec 5, 2010, 09:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sweet road trip I had training at Sheppard a few years ago. I will be flying home from Kadena AB Japan to Orlando Fl and driving from Orlando to Seattle, WA. I wished my trip was as short as yours.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 09:42 PM

keep us posted, have fun and be safe!
Old Dec 6, 2010, 01:11 AM
Evolving Member

hahah you drove through wack *** clovis NM> thats where im at? i take it your in the Air Force or somethin?
Old Dec 6, 2010, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by Playap07
hahah you drove through wack *** clovis NM> thats where im at? i take it your in the Air Force or somethin?
ya i think i drove thru there i dont even know anymore lol. Ya im in the air national guard

Originally Posted by tougeFZ
Sweet road trip I had training at Sheppard a few years ago. I will be flying home from Kadena AB Japan to Orlando Fl and driving from Orlando to Seattle, WA. I wished my trip was as short as yours.
good ol J-Pan. I was there from Feb01-Oct03 when i was active Navy. I was at NAF Atsugi with the air wing.

so going thru New Mexico i came across this place when i stopped for Coffee and couldnt resist myself. They were closed so i couldnt ask for a sample of orange chicken from Jose to see if it is as good as Jose in california. if you know Jo Koy the comedian you know what im talking about

so then i made my way thru New Mexico and had to make my stop

Then to big ol Texas

having to top off on fuel again i seen this and was like WTF where the 93oct. Hell this is country wheres the e85 LOL

then i stopped for a stretch and took these pics. this was on actual route 66 but i wasnt going to drive thru that rough *** road

Then i passed Amarrilo so i kept going and went on the 287 south . man this is what Texas was all about i seen things i see in like old town texas movies. the houses and mom and pop type shops. it was definitly nice to see.

being from L.A I had to take this pic too being i was in Texas i wonder if the drive bys, pimp, and drug dealer cost extra?

well it is 8:45am here in Wichita Falls,Tx and it is 25 degrees but feels like 17.
at home in L.A its 6:25am and 52 degrees. I hate the cold .

all in all it was a great trip. Today i need to get some oil and change it up. already took the tape off last night but need to wait till it gets warmer later to was her.

Last edited by S@nt0s; Dec 6, 2010 at 06:48 AM.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Have fun there. There is absolutely nothing to do.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 07:41 AM
Evolving Member

Nice trip man, be safe!
Old Dec 6, 2010, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by TeStUdO
Have fun there. There is absolutely nothing to do.
It's not that bad, Dallas is only like a hour away.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

man I thought CA was bad only having 91...but 90 LOL did you just fill with that and not hit boost?
Old Dec 6, 2010, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Montu
man I thought CA was bad only having 91...but 90 LOL did you just fill with that and not hit boost?
The had 93 on base when I was at Shepard. My GT45 C5 Vette at the time would only take 93 or E85
Old Dec 6, 2010, 10:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Well, come spring time you should make a stop by DW while you are moving through OKC.

If you can stop by around lunch time, I know a few good burger places.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 10:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
holy crap thats a hell of a drive! Keep an eye on the oil between every fuel up! Im sure it will make it no problem.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by DeatschWerks
Well, come spring time you should make a stop by DW while you are moving through OKC.

If you can stop by around lunch time, I know a few good burger places.
Ya ill be going thru okc on my way back home end of April. That gives me a chance to see that new fuel pump for when I go fp black. Lol

Originally Posted by tougeFZ
The had 93 on base when I was at Shepard. My GT45 C5 Vette at the time would only take 93 or E85
Where were u getting your e85 at? It shows there's one here on base but I'm sure that's for govt vehicles.

Originally Posted by Montu
Ya pretty much. I had a 5 gal jug in the trunk of 91 I brought with me in case. On base there's 92 and 93 off base. Since Ill be here a while ill be staying on my 91 map. No point in playing with my e85 map here since the mixtures here I'm sure are different.
I have a throttle hang I need to fix tho so I need to get on that.

Tomorrow ill be doing my oil. I washed her today in 38degree weather man that sucked but needed to be done. She's all nice again.