Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Hopefully switching To Evo 9 From M3.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2010, 09:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by acidtonic
I tell people here at work who ask about the car to not buy one unless you plan to mod it.
I disagree here, I've had my evo since new (will be 4 yrs this january 2nd) and have not modded the car. It's still an amazing car to drive. Sure it's not the fastest thing in a straight line, but it still can put a smile on your face daily in stock form.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 09:27 AM

I Have driven a few evos, If anything I would do light mods.. If I wanted to go 10 seconds I would buy a drag car. I just want awd and a capable daily driver that is still fun.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by acidtonic
I tell people here at work who ask about the car to not buy one unless you plan to mod it. It's draw is all in the potential for me.
I've owned two Evos (still currently own a 2006 IX SE), both of which had always been stock. Why would you recommend against it for someone who intends to stay stock? While the potential to be unlocked is enormous, the car is still plenty capable off the showroom floor and will mop up 90% of the cars on the road today.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83
I've owned two Evos (still currently own a 2006 IX SE), both of which had always been stock. Why would you recommend against it for someone who intends to stay stock? While the potential to be unlocked is enormous, the car is still plenty capable off the showroom floor and will mop up 90% of the cars on the road today.
X10000

I kept mine stock for a very very long time for that very reason. the only reason I decided to mod is because cars like the camaro SS and mustang GT are becoming even more potent in stock form. as common as the mustangs are, theres no way i'm letting some 17 year old in the car mommy and daddy just bought them smoke me on the highway lol.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by cs82685
I disagree here, I've had my evo since new (will be 4 yrs this january 2nd) and have not modded the car. It's still an amazing car to drive. Sure it's not the fastest thing in a straight line, but it still can put a smile on your face daily in stock form.
I think the car is reasonably quick in stock form.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by ODUB
I kept mine stock for a very very long time for that very reason. the only reason I decided to mod is because cars like the camaro SS and mustang GT are becoming even more potent in stock form. as common as the mustangs are, theres no way i'm letting some 17 year old in the car mommy and daddy just bought them smoke me on the highway lol.
For sure. Not that I disagree with you or have any problems with your reasons for modding, but that kind of stuff doesn't bother me (not that I want to be slower). Anyway, I think it's bad *** that your BONE STOCK Evo IX was doing 12s in the quarter-mile. Kudos to you and your ridiculously high mileage whip.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Yea bone stock evo's are plenty fun and in the right hands are faster than most cars available today. Even if the new cars are getting faster our ol' 4G63 just takes a few mods to put out almost 400whp and run 11's if needed. Have had that amount of power for about 3-4yrs and really only things that tend to be hard to "pass on the highway " are the pesky street bikes.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

I used to be a previous E46 M3 owner like 4 years ago and i have moved on to an evo 9 se. After owning two e46's, I'm not looking back. When i had my m3 i raced a stock mr on the highway and i pulled pretty bad up top but 1/4 stock for stock they should be pretty even.

My 9 is for sale but i'm not looking for a m3
Old Dec 9, 2010, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by iseedipp
I used to be a previous E46 M3 owner like 4 years ago and i have moved on to an evo 9 se. After owning two e46's, I'm not looking back. When i had my m3 i raced a stock mr on the highway and i pulled pretty bad up top but 1/4 stock for stock they should be pretty even.

I noticed your in beaverton as am I, possible to look at that car?
Old Dec 9, 2010, 04:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by iseedipp

ya makes sense. your m3 has more topend then a evo. Especially stock for stock.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 05:51 PM

i had a mild race built E36 M3 (Euro ) and an E39 M5 with only a Rueter exhaust and front scoops......They are amazing cars but after owning an Evo7 for a while now i can understand why someone would change.

Those cars are much easier and mind you cheaper to mod. An M3 would suck you dry for 20hp. Hell my M5 was gonna cost me about 4k for a set of SS headers.

But still would love to own an M car again along with my Evo7.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 08:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sean105
I noticed your in beaverton as am I, possible to look at that car?
I'm actually in Ashland now ;/
Old Dec 11, 2010, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

evo is all around fun car and so is the m3 but evo you can tune from emails and you can have access to cheap performance parts...WIN
Old Dec 11, 2010, 07:31 PM

There is nothing wrong with being cheap and fast. I still prefer the Evo over just about every other car out there.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AboodsEvo
evo is all around fun car and so is the m3 but evo you can tune from emails and you can have access to cheap performance parts...WIN
You can tune M3's from email too...it's not breakthrough technology. They make plenty of "cheap" parts including Megan and all those other worthless brands for an M3 as well. Most don't tend to put those on there if you can afford a $70k car imo...