Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

bittersweet ending

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2010, 09:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bittersweet ending

finally sold the evo.

It was the summer of 05 and I was heartbroken. I felt that I had been raped, heart and soul torn out of my chest. My 01' honda s2000 was stolen. My hand quivered, my chest felt numb, stomach twisted, when I saw her, stripped down, barely recognizable. Her headlights chiseled out, seats missing, her body scratched and damaged beyond repair. They even took the honda emblem off the trunk-Those heartless bastards! I felt I would never again feel love. I became a robot-devoid of emotion, of feeling. I was in auto-enthusiast purgatory. I no longer read sport compact car, I no longer logged onto s2ki.com, I no longer watched fast and furious before I went to bed. I stopped spewing johnny tran quotes. A part of me was dead.

Every spring it happens-snow melts, flowers emerge, birds chirp. And so too did I. I test drove an evo. It was magical, a rebirth, a new beginning a resurrection. And so my journey began.

Mod after mod, it became addicting, the power, the endorphins running through my veins with each psst and redline shift. the obnoxiousness of the gurgling exhaust amplified by the aftermarket camshafts brought tears of joy to my face as I would set off car alarm after car alarm in parking lots and garages. Looking into the astonished faces of the spoiled yuppy m3 drivers as I would pass by them. "what do you have in there I would ofter hear?" I would quickly answer, "I live my life one quarter mile at a time". I was euphoric, it was heaven...

Then they started happening, little nuisances-bulbs flickering out in the dash and climate control unit. The clutch gave its last breath, my shocks blew. The heat stopped working, then the oil pressure sensor broke. And then it did again. The ac stopped working in 95 degree heat. Another clutch. Timing belts galore. Tuning and retuning and retuning and retuning. Brakes became noisy. had some weird corroded wire issue that the car wouldnt shut off even if I pulled the key out. Intercooler piped blew off. There were more, but they all started to blend together. After 160,000 miles and 5 years it happened...

The addiction started waning as did the endorphins. The love that was so fast to be rekindled started fading away as did the clear coat on the wing and brembo calipers. I began to resent her, how could love turn to hate? I had to leave, had to get away. And so she is gone. Gone to be someone else's love. You will always be highly thought of. The memories were numerous. She was a fabric of my being. I always will have a place for her in my heart-

Just not in my garage.

now sitting there is my new love. A CTS-V Sedan. The fastest production sedan in the US.

Peace I'm outta here!!!

Last edited by jojipoji; Dec 16, 2010 at 09:40 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 09:46 PM
Evolving Member

I didn't have as much go wrong in mine as yours did, but I did get rid of mine before it got that bad, but I didn't leave the Evo crowd, I just picked up a 2010 MR. Those Caddys are nice though, I just couldn't spend that much money on them. Good luck with it.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

E63 AMG any day of the week!!
Old Dec 16, 2010, 09:53 PM
Evolving Member

^^ think he was talking US built. lol of course those German built sedans will knock the doors off of it lol.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 10:12 PM
Evolving Member

He'll be back haha
Old Dec 16, 2010, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lilgunz
^^ think he was talking US built. lol of course those German built sedans will knock the doors off of it lol.
Check the numbers on the new CTS-V's. Pretty impressive stuff, I wouldn't be so quick to count it out against the Germans.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 10:27 PM
Evolving Member

in a straight line the cts-v is the fastest production sedan sold in the us. its faster in a straight line than the new jag, the m5 and the e63. the e63 handles slightly better however...

http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/co...s-benz-e63-amg
Old Dec 16, 2010, 10:33 PM

The cts-v is an awesome car; I hope you enjoy it as much as the evo. On another note; your post is very well written for a forum thread.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 10:36 PM
Evolving Member

thanks! one more for the guys that think the german cars would blow the doors off of a ctsv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8LuMOVrG1c
Old Dec 17, 2010, 12:22 AM

VERY nice upgrade.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 03:14 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
drove one in the dealership but unlike you, I got the hybrid instead
Old Dec 17, 2010, 04:59 AM

Love your write up, very well written. I own both an Evo and S and love every minute of it. However, I do see myself going in the same direction at some point. But I think I'll keep the Evo forever (yeah...I said that now) and it will eventually become a weekend warrior while its responsibilities are taken over by an m3, merc or possibly the ctsv.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 05:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I had that many problems my love for the car would disappear too. Sux but enjoy the new whip.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 05:59 AM
Evolving Member

The new CTS-V's are very nice. Top Notch! I'd have to say I'd take the new caddy over the evo any day
Old Dec 17, 2010, 06:01 AM

I was just thinking what my next car would be after the evo and I came to the conclusion it would be a CTS-V. Such an awesome car! Enjoy it.