Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Zeitronix Zt-2 Kit

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2010, 03:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Zeitronix Zt-2 Kit

Im about to order the ZT-2 kit from Zeitronix. What I want to know is peoples experience with this product? Im looking at the LCD screen that comes with this kit and well it seems kind of small and im debating on if I would just like gauges better. I really do like the look of their gauges and the lcd screen.

I want something that will look good but I will be able to log with eventually and also just be able to monitor a accurate afr, boost, egt, op, etc..

What do you all think?
Old Dec 17, 2010, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have one of the LCD ones installed in my car from the previous owner and I love it! The LCD is really easy to read at a glance, I can tell my AFR, Boost PSI and EGT right away. It holds up really well to the sub-zero temps we've been getting up here lately too. I haven't tried to log with it yet, but plan on it in a week or two. I'd recommend it!
Old Dec 17, 2010, 08:46 PM
Former Sponsor

best wideband for sure. innovative widebands are terribly picky in both install and having to be constantly re-calibrated. the aem is decent, it is good for a readout gauge, but doesn't offer any of the fancy logging and expandability they zeitronix does.

i have the zeitronix with the ZR-2 multigauge in my race car and also had it in my street car until i sold the car.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

I think its a great wideband none of that grounding crap with innovate.also the owner is an original mitsu head so why not support them.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Another big from me for the ZT-2. Have it in my car and love it!
Old Dec 18, 2010, 05:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I've had the ZT-2 for 3 years now and not one issue. Great product, well built and recently I got rid of the LCD display for the round 52mm gauge LCD read out and love that too. Only reason I ditched the rectangular LCD display is because I was able to house the 52mm gauge style to look cleaner and in a much better location.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 05:38 AM
Evolving Member

I just purchase one recently with the custom lcd display. I like it for its stealth install.
I think the gauage would look cool as well mounted in the speedometer where the lancer sign is.

Check Out my install
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...placement.html
Old Dec 18, 2010, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for a great feedback.
In order to have a complete control over robustness of the design and manufacturing quality we design and built every piece of the kit excluding the sensors here in Torrance CA (sensors are made in US though). No subcontracting, no sub quality parts. Everything goes through 3 stage testing to assure it all works out of the box. There is a lot of protection circuitry in the electronics to make sure it will work for you for a long time. No funky grounding and no calibrations. It needs to work when you are tuning.We do not want you to be troubleshooting instrumentation while troubleshooting your engine.
Yes, we tune and race cars. Four 4G63s here. This is why the Zt-2 is an engine datalogger with alarms, bells and whistles disguised as a "wideband". It grows with you as you take your tune closer to the edge.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 03:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Our experience is, we will ONLY tune with Zeitronix, period. WE have not blown and engine since we started using ZT-2s and have tune our biggest h.p. cars to date with it. Futhermore, it has cut tuning time in half! Lastly I can say I , personally have not had the confidence to tune, alone, until I started using Zeitronix. Since then I have become quite proficient and tuning and I really owe it all to the fact that it has been trust worthy, easy to use, and allowed me to extract the absolute most out of any engine. We do a lot of turboing of NON-TURBO cars. There is no room for error with these setups. I cannot afford to tune WITHOUT ZEITRONIX!

ROAD/RACE
Old Dec 18, 2010, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Easy setup and works flawlessly. I would opt for the ZR-2 gauge instead of the LCD. I found the LCD hard to quick reference. Otherwise one of the best purchases I've ever made automotive or otherwise.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 05:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have had all the other guys stuff (widebands) at one time or another and they were basically worthless, seriously. Now I own 5 ZT-2s. One in each car that I own, from race car to boosted up street cars. This is one of those things that is easy to endorse.

ROAD/RACE
Old Dec 18, 2010, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

I have one ready to install, can't wait to put it in.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 06:19 PM
EvoM Guru

I've used the ZT-2 to tune 3 of my own vehicles and many of my friends vehicles. I've never had a problem. I've never even had the sensor go bad and it's been over 8 years now. Still accurate and working. I'd have to say you cannot go wrong with buying from Zeitronix.

I've recently started playing with the DashDAQ. It was awesome that it could connect to the ZT-2 and add even more feedback for me to use/review. With continued support and innovations provided by Zeitronix you can be assured you'll never be out of date on any Zeitronix product.

Go for it...
Old Dec 18, 2010, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

Sweet feedback guys.. Im just debating between gauges or the lcd screen now lol.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Go with the guage, it's a cleaner look IMO. I have it set to boost and AFR.

The LCD screen gives you more information, except it's hard to find a good place to install it and look clean.