Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

AMS exhaust users please chime in

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2010, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMS exhaust users please chime in

I bought an AMS exhaust off a forum member here and im having problems with the axle back portion lining up.

This is how the axle back portion sits with the 2 hanger mounts installed and hooked up. It is indeed touching my bumper.

This is a Torque solution hanger mount, and its pulled as far as it can go. It seems I still need another inch of room.

This is the rear stock hanger mount and you can see it is pulled towards the rear of the bumper.

I don't understand why Its not fitting correctly. The AMS exhaust hasn't seem to be modified and neither the mounting points of my car. I had an HKS exhaust previously and didnt have this problem before.

Any ideas on why this isnt fitting correctly?

Thanks
Old Dec 21, 2010, 01:38 PM

i'm still stock exhaust so i dont know the difference but could the AMS be for a JDM bumper? i know they are different i just dont know how different.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

I think the issue is in the metal hanger portion of the exhaust, because even if it was for a JDM rear, it would still retain the normal exhaust hanger positions.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 01:56 PM

I'm pretty sure the JDM one is shorter so it doesn't stick out on a JDM rear. That looks like a normal USDM one. But it's definitely not supposed to fit like that. From the pictures you can't really see why it's like that. Try playing with the rubber mounts?
Old Dec 21, 2010, 01:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ekoy
I think the issue is in the metal hanger portion of the exhaust, because even if it was for a JDM rear, it would still retain the normal exhaust hanger positions.
+1 looks like the hanger on the exhaust might need some adjustment
Old Dec 21, 2010, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Ekoy
i didnt think of it that way, but are the hangers fighting eachother or are they stretched and tweaked because he had to force the exhaust to sit where its at in the cut out in the bumper? i dont know if that made much sense lol, i guess what i'm trying to say is if you took the bumper off would the hangers line up like they should? if so then it's the bumper, and maybe the hangers still but if you take it off and they are still flubarbed then it's the hangers for sure. i'm not saying take off the bumper you should be able to tell if they would straighten out if the bumper wasn't putting them on a bind.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

The mount by the rear diff is fighting by the way it's stretched it still needs another inch to go. The mount by the bumper is wanting the exhaust to move towards the engine and is not the problem. I'll take more pics of what I'm talking about when I'm home. I don't see why I would have to cut and reweld the hanger on the exhaust because it hasn't been modified before
Old Dec 21, 2010, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

I might have the torque solutions mount flipped upside down.

Ill have to try to flip it tomorrow.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

That mount is used on the Hks Ti exhaust. You need to get rid of it and find yourself a stock hanger.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Old Dec 21, 2010, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ROGERV
That mount is used on the Hks Ti exhaust. You need to get rid of it and find yourself a stock hanger.
Thanks so much. I bought the car with the HKS exhaust and I would of never figured it out.

Ill go to the dealership tomorrow and order one.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 10:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
you want to sell your hanger for your hks exhaust?
Old Dec 21, 2010, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
http://www.torquesolution.com/Torque.../ts-eh-m11.htm
This is the mount you're supposed to have.

The poly hanger you have on now with the HKS mount should be for the mounting in the wheel well.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 10:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Piro Fyre
http://www.torquesolution.com/Torque.../ts-eh-m11.htm
This is the mount you're supposed to have.

The poly hanger you have on now with the HKS mount should be for the mounting in the wheel well.

Thanks alot! I ordered the whole Torque solutions exhaust mounts, but it came with no instructions, so I just put the mounts on through trial and error.

Unfortunatly the kit came with three 12mm mounts and no 14mm mount, so I have to use my stock one for the rear hanger.

Also I'm not selling the HKS mount, Ill be selling it with my exhaust once I decide to clean it up and put it up for sale.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 10:47 PM
Evolved Member

Lol! Wow! I was surprised at the HKS mounts. haha. Good thing you ordered the factory ones. The AMS is a nice piece

Quick Reply: AMS exhaust users please chime in