Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Would you buy a built Evo?
Yes
57.21%
No
42.79%
Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

Would you buy a built Evo?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2011, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by rep tha 561
I want it
you just sold your built 2.4 evo LOL
Old Jan 15, 2011, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I personally only like to buy used cars stock, as built ones are often beat up or abused. I mean someone who fully builds an engine is going to use it to its potential right? There is nothing wrong with that at all, unless you are buying and don't know what the car has been through. Also I prefer to mod a car from stock form, so I can see the gains and feel the accomplishments first hand.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by reboundicon
I personally only like to buy used cars stock, as built ones are often beat up or abused. I mean someone who fully builds an engine is going to use it to its potential right? There is nothing wrong with that at all, unless you are buying and don't know what the car has been through. Also I prefer to mod a car from stock form, so I can see the gains and feel the accomplishments first hand.
wow thats wrong as i have already stated there are some people that got a bad deal on a evo with motor problems unknown and now are forced to get a motor so they build it does not mean we are all dumb street racers and have a itch to go to the track all the time to conquer a number. Ever consider some of us build these cars for shows and just want a impressive collective mix of parts to show out with
Old Jan 15, 2011, 05:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Depending on who did it, how long ago, and how well maintained i might
Old Jan 15, 2011, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I bought my Evo when I was young, knowing that the time I spent building it up would be valued to me. I wanted to learn the in's and out's of what's going on under the hood and the chassis. Sure it involved lots of time of research and installation but it was well worth the learning experience for me.

I still enjoy working on cars, but almost 8yrs of later, I would consider buying an already prepped car if a deal came my way, now that I know what to do if something went wrong with it. Plus, talk about the savings! Like everyone said, I need it well documented and in good running order.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 06:59 PM

i wouldnt buy a built evo.. i would only go as far as buying stage 2..i feel like alot could go wrong :X
Old Jan 15, 2011, 09:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lillev23
I'm definitely thinking about selling mine in the next couple of months, but I will come fully equipped to run mid 9s (except a cage), idle in stop-and-go traffic(with cold a/c blasting), and have radio and with all four speakers. It will have two tunes (one for E85, and the other for 93 octane pumpgas). It's going to be exactly how I would want a car if I was to buy it built.
Im with you on this lilev. I think a powerful/fast daily driven equiped evo is worth the price. People usually do enough research to know if the parts/ internals/turbo etc. are good or junk so its more less common sense when your looking for a evo thats making the 600+ power range.
Especially being a owner of one , imo it is very easy to make that power level reliable and drive the car from east to west coast and still run a 10 sec pass all day.

Good luck with your decision lilev, I just found out im having my 4th kid now and am in the process of a winter re-build and its got me thinking , but the reality is we wont get what we want as far as price wise. 30k $$$ for a super clean low mileage 9sec evo its very difficult to find the right person.