Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

building my motor question?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2010, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Wht9er
Haha good memory. I had an evo 8, then 9 and now a 10. The X isnt built...yet. Im not sure if im going to build it or not. I do have a bunch of stuff sitting in my closet (fp red and friends) just looking for a somewhat reliable build making a little over 400 to the wheels for now. I just dont want to go through what i went through with my white 9 again. i ended up hating the car after i built it. esp with the competition twin disc...made everyday driving extremely annoying.
YOU will be surprised i remember almost everything man lol good memory like that haaa I thought about getting a evo x and just doing the fq 400 kit to it and leaving rest stock. After doing a full build im kind of not interested in doing another one to be honest alot of money down the drain and not to mention downtime. Im sure once i get my whip back ill be elated but still my bank account hates me for it lol then they get to drop my built block in my Z and twin turbo charge it i think after spending that coin im done for a long while LOL.

Last edited by RockmanX; Dec 28, 2010 at 11:04 AM.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RockmanX
YOU will be surprised i remember almost everything man lol good memory like that haaa I thought about getting a evo x and just doing the fq 400 kit to it and leaving rest stock. After doing a full build im kind of not interested in doing another one to be honest alot of money down the drain and not to mention downtime. Im sure once i get my whip back ill be elated but still my bank account hates me for it lol then they get to drop my built block in my Z and twin turbo charge it i think after spending that coin im done for a long while LOL.

Lol. The bank account is exactly why i dont want to build this one. Fully built motor and tranny along with ETS equal length 6262 on my IX really hurt my pockets a bit and the gf nearly hated me for it. now im doing work to this one and needless to say shes not happy lol.
As for the 350z, my bro has one. His motor is at the machine shop now getting built to help support his 88mm turbo. O, and the motor is an ls2 lol. Stock bottom end, he made over 700whp.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
your in FL so if I was you I would get intouch with AWD, s**t those guys are breaking records left and right. You could ask them or any of the other big wig engine builders the right questions. They are in business for a reason, not because they posted a "show & shine" thread.