Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Harness Bar Seatbelts

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2010, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harness Bar Seatbelts

Im looking to put in schroth 4 point harnesses in my evo ix mr. I ordered a harness bar and im just confused on what schroth 4 point harnesses i buy to go into my evo with out taking out my stock seatbelts. Please help im lost on this and want to get them soon, thank you
Old Dec 28, 2010, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

I have 2 pair of schroth cam lock 5 points (you can just use the 4 points) that I am probably never going to install. I can get pics if you are interested, I am in New Oxford
Old Dec 28, 2010, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnny09
Im looking to put in schroth 4 point harnesses in my evo ix mr. I ordered a harness bar and im just confused on what schroth 4 point harnesses i buy to go into my evo with out taking out my stock seatbelts. Please help im lost on this and want to get them soon, thank you
The only 4 point harness that is safe to use on the street/track is the Schroth ASM 4 point. It is an anti-submarine 4 point and the only 4 point I know of that is deemed safe for competition. Information can be found here.

Schroth ASM 4 Point Harness

Now onto the harness bar. From experience these harness bars can come with extremely low grade hardware, for something in charge of keeping you alive in an accident I would ensure the nuts and bolts are of good quality. Also, it is a major pain in the *** to keep the stock 3 point belt installed along with the harness bar (depending on how the harness bar attaches). If I wear serious about wanting a harness bar, I would ditch the OEM 3 point belt.

This leads me to ask why you want a harness bar to begin with? If you are wanting your *** more firmly planted in your seat, I'd recommend a CG Lock.

http://www.cg-lock.com/index.html

These are pretty sweet, hold you very well and are much safer (and cheaper) than an improperly installed harness bar/4 point harness. If you still want the harness bar, ensure that you follow installation instructions of the Schroth harness to the letter as anything less and your life could be in danger in an accident. I have seen some very, very sketchy harness bar installations and it is not worth the risk, especially for a daily driver.

Dan
Old Dec 28, 2010, 11:04 AM

yea im getting schroth 4 point asm's im just curious what kind wraps around the harness bar to hold the shoulder straps because theres bolt in and like latch in ones. How and which ones go and wrap around the harness bar
Old Dec 28, 2010, 11:05 AM

how much and will they work with a harness bar
Old Dec 28, 2010, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Both the Profi II ASM and Profi II ASM FE are designed to wrap around the harness bar and bolt to the floorboard of the car.

Here is a video teaching how to wrap a harness bar properly.

The difference between the FE and regular is the regular is cam lock, and hence nicer, and the FE is more like a regular seat belt latch.

Once the belt is wrapped properly, the lap belts need to be bolted to the floor boards with a reinforcement plate behind the sheet metal. Keep in mind that all belts need to be angled properly, but it sounds like you are thinking things out pretty well.

Dan
Old Dec 28, 2010, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

As requested by the OP, another ASM Schroth 4 point harness option.

http://www.schrothracing.com/store/T...e/rallye-cross

Dan