Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

trade evo for cts-v

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2011, 11:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you have a winter beater?
Old Jan 5, 2011, 03:24 AM

Test drive it and see what you think, they are vastly different cars.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 03:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you were talking about a new cts-v I would say trade, but no I wouldn't trade for an 04. Those
cars were nothing special and not all that fast. I'd look at a E39 M5 if I were in your shoes. 6 speed v8, faster and it looks alot better than those older cts-v's.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 04:07 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The older CTS-Vs will start to break at that mileage. I would recommend finding something with lower, much lower, miles.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 04:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Inflame
but the "high school wet dream race car" image it gives off makes me not want to drive it.
I'm sure our fathers were saying the same thing about the 69 camaros and chargers that they sold back when they got OUTTA high school. Ask em all now, and they all regret getting rid of them.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by sublime44
Do you have a winter beater?
My evo is my DD.

Originally Posted by IGetItPoppin
If you were talking about a new cts-v I would say trade, but no I wouldn't trade for an 04. Those
cars were nothing special and not all that fast. I'd look at a E39 M5 if I were in your shoes. 6 speed v8, faster and it looks alot better than those older cts-v's.
I'll look into those

Originally Posted by MR Turco
The older CTS-Vs will start to break at that mileage. I would recommend finding something with lower, much lower, miles.
All I hear are LSx engines being super reliable.

- Bart
Old Jan 5, 2011, 05:07 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Inflame
All I hear are LSx engines being super reliable.

- Bart
Oh definitely, its the rest of the car you need to worry about.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 05:40 AM

I would think this one over. Have you seen the new CTS V Oh my gut!!! Increadible, maybe you can get a good deal on a trade it for the cts coupe
Old Jan 5, 2011, 06:03 AM
Evolving Member

I researched them for a while. The 04 and 05 have rear diff issues and many replace them from 06 and up. Another issue is the stereo unit having buttons that flake off which GM warrantied on some. Worn motor mounts is also another common problem and most people upgrade to aftermarket. They take to mods well and they are comfortable and compact. The whine with a maggie bolted to it is pretty awesome. Also, clutch is heavy, but to be expected. Seats don't hug as much, but even ones with higher miles dont have much bolster wear.

If you want one, look on cadillacforums for one, you can find modded and maintained ones for cheap.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 06:20 AM

Oh yea the V2s are just amazing, they take to mods incredibly even among LS motor standards. And the interior seems like it has improved generations over the original V.

One other thing to keep in mind is that the original Vs have 6 lug wheels, just a weird oddity that makes it very hard to find aftermarket wheels.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by BLK_EvIL
CTS-V is no joke but i always see grandmas and grandpas driving them maby when i turn 50 or so.
I would also get a cts-V there classy and there pretty fast i think there 600 or 500 hp stock
maybe them elderly want a car like that ... they also want to go fast lol
but i wouldnt trade my evo maybe yours isnt in the same conditons as mys but whatever floats your boat buddy =) gl
post pic of both cars
Old Jan 5, 2011, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

To be honest, I would keep the Evo. Look at it this way, the Evo and that CT-V basically have the same miles. I wouls stay with the car which you put the miles on, know the car has been serviced, and know what its been through. Buying the CT-V with a 105k on it and you dont know its past. Its kinda like starting all over again and could cause some headaches if you know what i mean.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 07:09 AM

Man if u think a evo is $ to mod then wait till u start playing with the caddy.....Dont get me wrong the cars are sick but i wouldnt give my evo up for one....
Old Jan 5, 2011, 07:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by I4UnderPressure
I'm sure our fathers were saying the same thing about the 69 camaros and chargers that they sold back when they got OUTTA high school. Ask em all now, and they all regret getting rid of them.
i got an gn also 86 (saw your pic)
Old Jan 5, 2011, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
I wouldn't trade either... I'd get one as a beater though for a daily (keeping the Evo for a fun car)

Quick Reply: trade evo for cts-v