Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Car cranks, but won't start, .... adivce?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2011, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you took it to the tuner when you had a "similar" problem, and it worked fine. That is your answer. I say get it back to the tuner, or have him come to your house to fix this problem. I would say that is where you look first. Keep it simple if you can, and fix what worked before. Don't read into the "happened to me, my cousin, my friends friend", and I wouldn't even go the route to think EVERYTHING else failed at the same time, like plugs/wires/pump/tire pressure, etc... Your answer is in the first post you made. You had a similar problem, was fixed by your tuner. If you do that first, and still wont fix it, look at the rest.

Pulling the plugs/fuses/etc... before doing what worked before, is like walking into a dark house, and changing every lightbulb in the house FIRST, instead of going to the breaker-box to see why the lights dont work.

My 2c is about to become 4c Good luck, keep us posted.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you don't do the AEM EMS first, then I will jump on board with a mis-diagnosis and say it might be crank-walk. lol
Old Jan 8, 2011, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by blacktab420
check your red 10A ignition coil fuse in the indoor fuse block. Mine keep blowing randomly and the car crank but just don't start.
DAMMIT!!! it was only my fuse 10a ignition!!!! im really happy it was something small... but i missed two BIG SNOW DAYS!!!!

thank you all for your input

dj
The following users liked this post:
BNEDA53 (Jun 1, 2019)
Old Jan 8, 2011, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ezzey
DAMMIT!!! it was only my fuse 10a ignition!!!! im really happy it was something small... but i missed two BIG SNOW DAYS!!!!

thank you all for your input

dj
I am very happy to see that i helped someone here. Let us know if it happen again, because like i said, mine burned 3 times, but it always happened when i was about to let the clutch to go backward.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 10:38 PM
Evolving Member

Make sure you have a backup of your tune on your computer or disk drive. Cold weather is not AEM friendly. I burned through 3 eprom chips in -20 degree weather when my car was in alaska

heres my thread

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ae...-no-start.html
Old Jan 9, 2011, 04:13 PM

Cool man glad to see that everythigs fine lol. Yea I'm runnin a aem and 255 wal and I hear pump prime its normal just like almost all cars.