Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Defi gauge over 2 Bar??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2011, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Defi gauge over 2 Bar??

I have a 3 gauge setup on my dash with Defi gauges and a control unit. Well with my turbo setup I completely max out the Defi boost gauge so I can't really see what boost level it's sitting at. I trust my tuner so I don't think I'm in danger, but I still would like to be able to monitor what's going on.

Plus I'm about to replace my throttle body shaft seals so I can't really monitor my boost before and after to see if there is any changes...as there might be.

My question is does anyone know if Defi makes a gauge that reads above 2Bar? I checked their website and 2 Bar was the max that I found. I really don't want to switch gauges as I really like the Defi's. I thought about just switching out the boost gauge for an AEM Tru boost as I feel that would make the most sense to match the others. But if that's the case do I HAVE to use the boost control function on it? I would just like to use it as a gauge for now and if it actually works well as a boost controller I could have it adjusted next time I have the car tuned.

Or does another company make a similar gauge setup that will work and I'll just replace all of the Defi gauges. I want electric and not mechanical. I had Stewart Warner, and I'm not looking for those again.

Last edited by SRTRaceR04; Jan 8, 2011 at 01:32 PM.