Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

weird RPM pulsing at cruising speeds

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2011, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question weird RPM pulsing at cruising speeds

recently i noticed whenever i am at cruising speed or any higher speed and i take the car out of gear or just disengage the clutch the car drops to 1500rpm and pulses back and for worth between 1500-2000 rpm at a even pace.. i have checked all vacuum lines and cant quite seem to locate the problem. anyone else experience anything similar? once the car is stopped at a light it idles normal, the pulsing only seems to happen while the car is cruising at a higher mph. its nothing serious just abnormal and a little annoying... ive tried searching but honestly cant figure out the correct search terms to get the answer i am looking for lol
Old Jan 11, 2011, 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gallas
recently i noticed whenever i am at cruising speed or any higher speed and i take the car out of gear or just disengage the clutch the car drops to 1500rpm and pulses back and for worth between 1500-2000 rpm at a even pace.. i have checked all vacuum lines and cant quite seem to locate the problem. anyone else experience anything similar? once the car is stopped at a light it idles normal, the pulsing only seems to happen while the car is cruising at a higher mph. its nothing serious just abnormal and a little annoying... ive tried searching but honestly cant figure out the correct search terms to get the answer i am looking for lol
Hmmm mine will pulse but opposite when i pull to a stop it will throb from 1200-1900 like 3 times then stop. I just thought it was its catching its breathe i like to see what others say too...