Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

intake help

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2011, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
intake help

Hey guys now before i get started i know there is a thread about results from intakes and the busher and perrin were the best. but my question is on that test it looked like he just replaced the cone not the whole piping. i wanted to get a hard pipe and intake the whole kit. but i am not sure which to buy. so anyone who can help please do. is injen good? because i can get a whole Upper and Lower IC piping kit with the intake for a good price
Old Jan 13, 2011, 03:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the Injen kit, its nice. The intake pipe weights like 10 pounds, its basically a cast aluminum whale dick.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ETS. For price, quality and customer service, they are your best bet for a complete kit. If you just want an intake any brand will do.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
agreed, ETS is top notch, as is MAP. I am going to go with a JM Fab intake hard pipe with a perrin filter. JMF has top notch quality parts with the customer service to back it up.

injen, well good price for everything you are going to get, but there are much better options out there.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Ets pipes for me.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 10:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bcrance13
I have the Injen kit, its nice. The intake pipe weights like 10 pounds, its basically a cast aluminum whale dick.
bbwwahahah, sorry for bumping this for nothing. but thats funny.

Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

STM makes a very nice intake, although you will pay for it. If going with a new filter as well, I highly encourage you to go with an oil-less filter such as Amsoil or AEM. Oiled filters require more maintenance and can coat the MAF sensor with oil. Dry filters do not attract dust, can simply be blown with air to clean, and will not get any oil on the very sensetive MAF sensor.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I like the silicon turbo inlet tubes since they screw with the MAF scaling less. The complete Perrin kit is a great kit, otherwise you can get the Samco hose and pair it with either the Perrin or Amsoil filter.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kracka
I like the silicon turbo inlet tubes since they screw with the MAF scaling less. The complete Perrin kit is a great kit, otherwise you can get the Samco hose and pair it with either the Perrin or Amsoil filter.

BUt Perrin is one of the oil dipped filters y am i being told not to get them? and is it really a good kit? i was sketchy about it because of the silicon intake boot i feel like hard pipes would just be better/.