Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Do I Have A Right To be Upset?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2011, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sucks, and the only lesson learned is dealerships suck and never trust them. Other than that I'd side with you, sounds like a BS scheme.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 11:39 AM

oh i would also get a lawyer cuase nothing was finalized whatever they did to your car is on them ,
Old Jan 20, 2011, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by 06MRV8Killer
You gave up too quick... good luck getting your money back though, and I mean that.
i honestly appreciate that sir.

@everyone else, i thank you for the advice and support. evo community FTW.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 11:45 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 777 Likes on 592 Posts
The fact they only would accept cash shows they know they were in the wrong. Thats a huge flag right there.

Another thing, they passed your cars emissions without a cat in place knowing full well that it was missing (You had it written that you needed to return with it). I would have started looking up the DMV to as I was talking to them to call and report them for corrupt emissions testing.

Biggest thing IMO, don't make empty threats. As soon as they call you on one they know they got you. You say you're gonna call the sheriff, do it. Its your car and they performed un-approved services.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

Haha you def should have brought extra keys and just took itback. you can't be arrested because you own the car. All they could do is sue you which I'm assuming they prob wouldn't do lol.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Dallas J
The fact they only would accept cash shows they know they were in the wrong. Thats a huge flag right there.

Another thing, they passed your cars emissions without a cat in place knowing full well that it was missing (You had it written that you needed to return with it). I would have started looking up the DMV to as I was talking to them to call and report them for corrupt emissions testing.

Biggest thing IMO, don't make empty threats. As soon as they call you on one they know they got you. You say you're gonna call the sheriff, do it. Its your car and they performed un-approved services.
yup , and they made you sign stuff, so once you sign i dont know if you can do anything about that now.. but i would talk to a lawyer anyway... stealerships shouldnt be able to get away with that.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 09:18 PM

That really sucks! I hope you get your money back.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 09:29 PM
Evolving Member

NEVER EVER EVER Sign anything.

I know you did it to get your car back but trust me, if you had of called the Police on this one it would be taken care of. You are the rightful owner of the car, they wouldn't have been able to produce documentation on your agreement to do the "work" they performed and there was no contract or obligation on your part of any kind BUT to bring them parts.

You could take further legal action and you need to pursue the BBB issue and press the BBB to do something, file with a police Dept, forward the paperwork to the corporate headquarters of the company and I can pretty much guarantee you will be very very pleased with the results.

They took advantage of you, plain and simple. I can see compensation out of court for this screw up on their part.

I wouldn't be pissed, irate, mad, or anything to that nature.... I would be even. INSTANTLY. They wouldn't stand a chance. I would have their *** for that one AND have the car I wanted to begin with.

Last edited by AKW89; Jan 20, 2011 at 09:32 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by AKW89
NEVER EVER EVER Sign anything.

I know you did it to get your car back but trust me, if you had of called the Police on this one it would be taken care of. You are the rightful owner of the car, they wouldn't have been able to produce documentation on your agreement to do the "work" they performed and there was no contract or obligation on your part of any kind BUT to bring them parts.

You could take further legal action and you need to pursue the BBB issue and press the BBB to do something, file with a police Dept, forward the paperwork to the corporate headquarters of the company and I can pretty much guarantee you will be very very pleased with the results.

They took advantage of you, plain and simple. I can see compensation out of court for this screw up on their part.

I wouldn't be pissed, irate, mad, or anything to that nature.... I would be even. INSTANTLY. They wouldn't stand a chance. I would have their *** for that one AND have the car I wanted to begin with.
i am definitely feeling like it. they took advantage of my situation. and i am pursuing to the extent of my power and resources. its unacceptable.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 12:35 PM

i am hoping for a happy resolution even though many of you doubt it, when i left the dealer that day i felt humiliated, belittled, guilty, and regret and that in my opinion is not right and unacceptable when dealing with a business. so i will make sure i follow through with getting this situation put right.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

Their lying about the car and trying to force you in the deal. Since you didnt take the car in the deal, they are stealing your car. Thats like me taking a friends car drive 2 days earlier than promised by him. Threaten to report them for stealing your car, then follow through with a police report, get a copy and go back to the dealership with the copy and say my laywer will be getting in touch with you. Also, ask corporate for mitsubishi to take actions against the dealership for the stress and anger you ve gone through and to file a personal complaint against the manager.

Thats what I would do.

Last edited by Lancer XI1; Jan 22, 2011 at 12:45 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 02:30 PM
Evolving Member

I would have been pissed and told them to f- off. Then I would have called a lawyer on the spot. There was no exchange of any money and you did not authorize them to do anything to the car. This is why I don't deal with the a-hole dealersips.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4RETECH
If there is no document signed by the owning party to the dealership to perform any repairs or work, it doe not need to be paid. Especialy if it was not authorized.

We here in NY need customers signature on the repair order and when the auth work, we have a service that records the telephone conversation for legal reasons.

We had a customer never sign an RO and the service writer called using his personal cell phone(not being able to record). When we sent the customer the bill for the $25K in repairs, he and his laywer picked up the car without paying a dime. Needless to say, the service writer is no longer here.
+1 on this. A dealership nor a mechanic can perform work on a car without permission. If they do its on them and free of charge. In court u will win that 99 times out of 100. We have a mechanic here who likes to make sure ur window cleaner tanks are full and everything else is in check. Then tries to charge u 20 bucks for a gallon of window sprayer fluid and another hour of labor for making sure everything else is good. Needless to say I didn pay for either, nor does he fill my tank up or check my car out anymore. I also switched mechanics and even then try to do what needs to be done myself.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

next time stand up for yourself. tell them to give you your keys back and get in their face.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by milford
next time stand up for yourself. tell them to give you your keys back and get in their face.
+1

i would have flipped out... and i would definitely have called police... i would have mentioned something to police about them having the car pass emissions with no cat, especially since that was in writing. it would have thrown a flag to police that something shady was going on. sounds like someone just made some extra cash off the books there, which isnt uncommon now... i would never go to the stealership

Quick Reply: Do I Have A Right To be Upset?