Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Do I Have A Right To be Upset?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2011, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am pretty sure I would be in jail, but he would be in the hospital, drooling on him self
Old Jan 22, 2011, 10:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would keep at them, it is a dealership and their #1 priority should be to keep the customer happy. Threaten to take it to Mitsubishi's head offices and say you are going to the BBB. I would be a lot harder on them as you only see results with people like this when you treat them with the same respect they are giving you.

Don't just brush this off, that is the worst thing you can do.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 11:03 PM
Evolved Member

Agreed, dont brush it off...DONT LET THEM WIN

I would have just driven the car and been like Peace Out! If I didnt have the keys or couldnt I woulda called the cops.

DEFFF mention about them having it pass emissions without a cat, a cop that once told me its a Federal law to not have a cat. I don't know how true that is but either way that shows they made a big NO-NO just to save themselves some money unless they really did install a cat which I doubt. Like said if you brought it to court you would probably end up with a good deal or at least by making them feel like crap and embarrassed.

Granted you shouldn't have signed anything but in court the fact about the illegal emissions passing and "cash only" thing is a pretty big thing in my opinion.

Basically it all started because one dude at the stealership told a tech to get the ball rolling and start doing the checks OR he just made it all up and wanted a way to make some money on the side, and if that's the case thats another huge red flag....and since the car is still legally yours and you didn't authorize it I don't see how you wouldn't win in court.

Let us know what happens
Old Jan 23, 2011, 12:49 AM
Evolving Member

Here is what to do.

#1. Threaten to call the local news stations (I'm sure one of them does petty scam investigations). Don't bluff have names and numbers when you arrive at the dealership.
#2. Give them the opportunity to give your money back then, if they do not find a customer and tell them your situation then find another and another be pleasant and nice the entire time keep your cool.
#3. Inform the sales manager today I'm here tommorrow my friend will be here the next day another friend and the next day another. A permit to protest is free, inform them of this, let them know that you will be on the public sidewalk with a 20' sign that x dealership steals from it's customers. Ask again politely for your money back. If they won't mention the name of your states commerce secretary this is you states highest business authority. ( may be a different name than commerce sec. In your state). Most importantly don't be angry or look frustrated keep your cool at all times this will make look serious and ready to act. Remember don't bluff. Carry out your threats calmly.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 11:25 AM

thanks to all who have taken the time to read through this. this situation is really heating up on another forum. rhymes with Mocalevo lol
Old Jan 23, 2011, 11:43 AM

That totally sucks dude I would have told them you were going to make a case out of this first to see what they would say. Sometimes with the threat of court, ect they do not want to go through all the wasted time and will just void it.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 11:55 AM

I woulda said, "yeah no prob, lemme take my car to the atm to get it for you" Then just go home.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 01:03 PM

this is what they posted on a different forum along with my response.1) I am just not understanding this. You came to South Coast to sell your car. (we didn't force you to come here)
No. south coast offered l=to buy it last time i was there when my friend bought his evo.
2) We negotiated price and you agreed to it the night you sold us the car.
i agreed to 17,700 but with the condition i bring the stock parts back and if i could not i had the option of getting my vehicle.

3) We put everything that we agreed in writing. You told us that you have extra parts and that you would bring them. In writing. Something you are misrepresenting online that your car didnt have a cat. It did have a cat and it did pass smog. We just wanted the original cat that you promised us and put in writing.
it has a high flow cat and hks exhaust. eric told me they absolutely had to have the stock exhaust i made it clear it would pass, but he insisted.

4) The day after, you came here with the intention to get your car back. Not to let us know you didnt have the parts. (You asked your ride to leave to SD)
i called at 9am and spoke to lee. i told him i could not come up with the parts to which he replied "oh so you wanna just come pick up your car?" i said yes and he said "ok if you can come today that would be best" i got there at 12:30pm.

5) After you were here, and after our management team decided its ok to buy the car for the price we negotiated without getting any of your parts. We still honor what we negotiated. ( The dealership is out the parts not you, our agreement included parts. We should have charged you for what you promised)
the agreement was if i could not bring the parts i could return for my car. that is what i did. you proceeded to charge me 480. to get it back or buy the car so you actually changed the agreement. because you added the "service charges."

6) Your car was in pieces, its was opened waiting for you to bring your parts to replace them with. (No one at the dealership or at any other job works for free)
opened waiting for my parts?? im no expert but you dont need to tear a car apart to "pieces" for an exhaust. anyway, i made it clear, that my tech over at another dealer randy sedano has all my parts and that he recently passed away and they insisted i still insisted i needed them. but if i couldnt i get my car back.

7) We have pics from all your car, the work that was done and how it was taken apart.

After you signed the car to our name, we do not need authorization from you to work on it (Its our car now)
well thats what well find out wont we.

9) We talked to our management, they agreed to do a courtesy unwind. You got on the phone and talked to your father. You agreed with the dealer to unwind the deal and pay for the $480 for us to return the car back to you.
i had been arguing for 3-4 hours and wanted to get the hell out of your establishment.

10) You were happy, shaking hands with everyone. Telling us how nice we were given the car back to you (Looks like you forgot)
you were not there to make claims like that. did you forget that?

11) We have you a receipt for receiving your money. You told us you didn't have your check book and you dont have the money in the bank account. So we asked for cash. (Nothing shady, everything is receipted. NO ONE JUST WALKED AWAY WITH YOUR CASH.)
i had my father put money into my account to pay them. they did not accept my card and said we only take cash. i dont think everyone walks around everywhere with their check books anymore.

12) We buy thousands of cars from people on a day to day basis and we sell thousands of cars. We are in the business to make money, thats how we pay our bills.
yes you do but you have also had 27 complaints through the BBB so it doesnt mean you buy them "honestly" im not saying you dont either.

Which part of this is so hard to understand? We did a straight forward deal, and we agreed to every step of this process. Non of us moved forward without each others consent.
the sales manager even stated that it was bad communication on their part, because normally they would put a note on the dash to not have any work done yet until the deal is final. which is not my fault Eric did not do that.

We are sorry that you feel this way, we understand that you had to pay $480 over night. That you feel like it was your own car. You dont understand the part that when you sign a car over to a dealership you do not own the car anymore.
again well see if this is true. if it is then lesson learned but if not...

For example, if you sold the car to private party, would you be able to go to their house the day after and take your car back??
this analogy is unfair. it would be more like if you sold your car with the condition you brought stock parts back or get the car back, and you couldnt get the parts when the deal wasnt finalized then yes you can break in and get your car back

I do not want to keep going back and forth on the forum. We gave you some options that in my opinion is very fair. Feel free to contact anyone of us if you decide to sell the car back to us. I have a family to feed, and if its ok with everyone I need to smash deal to pay some bills.
you have already stated after you attempted to demean my character and stated you dont want to do business with me at hb or scm, nor do i feel i need to get "smashed". i tried to contact you but it seems you immediately made your mind up. no thanks. i again remind you that you were not there to be making the set in stone claims you are making. i have had nothing but respect for you and will continue too. i will see this situation through. thank you for your time. even though you said to me before "no reason for this to escalate" you have just given me one big reason to continue.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

It's pretty obvious dealers are scum bags. You can't trust them any further than you could throw them.

Whenever I go in to a dealership, I keep my *** cheeks clenched, my wallet in my front pocket with my hand over it. They are almost as bad as politicians
Old Jan 23, 2011, 04:49 PM

wow thats pretty crazy they said all that. that sucks id be pissed >_< damn stealerships
Old Jan 23, 2011, 05:15 PM

Ya I feel for you, but I would have never left my car there without receiving a check for the car. I would have had them write up a contact that I would have signed that said there were parts missing and you would have to purchase the car back for the selling price if you failed to come up with the parts. I would not let this one go because dealerships love to screw you over given the chance.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

Hey Javi, I have on question... I don't get this, You signed over the car to the dealership? Did they pay you at that time? If they did, then the deal is binding, if you never received payment then terms were never fulfilled. Until they paid you they never owned the car, they just had possession, did you give them a signed title?
Old Jan 23, 2011, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by MyEvo8Urs
Hey Javi, I have on question... I don't get this, You signed over the car to the dealership? Did they pay you at that time? If they did, then the deal is binding, if you never received payment then terms were never fulfilled. Until they paid you they never owned the car, they just had possession, did you give them a signed title?
No i did not receive a check nor did they have a title. their claim is that once i signed the liability its their car. which i was under the impression it was only in case "something" happens to it etc... but my understanding was the deal opted for me to retrieve my car if i could not bring the parts. i didnt know they would charge me for the services they performed without my concent. again they say it was THEIR car, which i completely disagree.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

What a shady business...

And it is very obvious that the moderators side with the paying vendor over at Socalevo.net..

This isn't the first time I have heard of some shady things going on over there. Hopefully it can all be resolved!
Old Jan 23, 2011, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by holyfrickster
What a shady business...

And it is very obvious that the moderators side with the paying vendor over at Socalevo.net..

This isn't the first time I have heard of some shady things going on over there. Hopefully it can all be resolved!
they are vendors on that site so obviously.

Quick Reply: Do I Have A Right To be Upset?