Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Project Pikachu, on the way to Texas and the 200MPH CLUB!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2011, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Project Pikachu, on the way to Texas and the 200MPH CLUB!

**UPDATE 2-7-11**MOTOR IS BUILT, TURBO IS IN-Page 7**

About a week ago, we(Mike, Erkel(E-Spec), Tach Motor Works, and myself) decided to build a car for the Texas Mile this March. Mike has a 2005 Evo 8, that was just your basic bolt on Evo. Obviously, this will not cut it.....as our goal is to hit at least 200mph in the Texas Mile. This will be taking place March 25th, 26th, and 27th. We are taking more than just this car down to Texas, but the other project I am building is subaru, shhh don't tell anyone. But for those of you interested, I can provide a link to that build as well(not quite sure if I can post a link to that other evil forum)

Oh, you don't know what the Texas Mile is?http://www.texasmile.net/ The Texas Mile is the most intense drag race around, because it is for a mile!
The ideas started flowing, good and bad. We have a preliminary build sheet for this car, but are still shopping around for some major parts.

Currently....the car is taking a seat at Tach Motor Works in Oceanside, NY getting prepared to begin it's build. Thanks to the help of Tach Motor Works, E-Spec, Import Image Racing and GrimmSpeed this car should be a blast to build! Stay tuned, this thread will be updated daily, and big things will happen VERY fast as we only have 2 months to go from basically stock, to 200mph!

Any and all input and help is appreciated. Even some hating is appreciated too!

Here we go guys, Mikes interview with Run Blox!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G48Sj...er_profilepage

1-31-11
Motor came out of the car today to begin the build!
How the car sat at Tach Motor Works this morning.

Few minutes into it...

2-5-11
MOTOR BEING BUILT!

BIG UPS to ETS for jumping on board and getting us this awesome turbo kit. More pics will follow, but just a tease for now...

Last edited by DanRHeller; Feb 14, 2011 at 05:49 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 02:57 PM

room for expansion
Old Jan 23, 2011, 02:57 PM

more room...
Old Jan 23, 2011, 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

Pointless post hit 240 mph then you'll talk.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by achilles3000
Pointless post hit 240 mph then you'll talk.
your post is useless and uncalled for. let the guy do what he wants. its a project. let it be one.

good luck. OP
Old Jan 23, 2011, 03:08 PM

Well let me clarify this a bit....the current 220mph+ Evos' are from big shops such as AMS. We are....private people building a car, who got lucky enough to get a sponsorship from a shop such as Tach Motor Works. This is not a HUGE budget build, this is a normal build budget....We want to see if it is possible for a regular person to be competitive in this race with the big guys.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Go for it, I didn't get the chance to go in mine but, I sure wished I would of. GL on your build and I hope your break 200 mph.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 03:23 PM

Thanks a lot SharkBite. We are really pushing for it. We will hit it at some point, but the goal is our first time out there to get it! Have any advice for us?
Old Jan 23, 2011, 03:32 PM

Some extremely fast cars have a hard time hitting 200mph at the texas mile. Last time I was out there there were not very many 200mph+ cars. Do your research, talk to people who have done it, study your aerodynamics and go from there. Oh, make sure you have a solid roll cage and safety equipment because you never know what will happen at those speeds.

What are your plans for the engine and drive train?
Old Jan 23, 2011, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by EvoRage
Some extremely fast cars have a hard time hitting 200mph at the texas mile. Last time I was out there there were not very many 200mph+ cars. Do your research, talk to people who have done it, study your aerodynamics and go from there. Oh, make sure you have a solid roll cage and safety equipment because you never know what will happen at those speeds.

What are your plans for the engine and drive train?
We are trying to get in touch with people who have done it, i've been lurking the land speed forums. As far as aerodynamics, we have someone who is of MUCH help for that. We are looking into the cage currently, have any tips on who could help out with a cage? Either a local place that could weld one up for us, or a company who produces one that that we can order and weld in ourselves.

As for drivetrain and engine.....we will be posting info on that shortly.

Last edited by DanRHeller; Jan 23, 2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 03:59 PM

I was gonna say that aerodynamics will be key. And as far as the roll cage, I have found it cheaper/easier to buy one made for the car and install it when it comes in. good luck, inspiring build
Old Jan 23, 2011, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Chris n Rabecca
I was gonna say that aerodynamics will be key. And as far as the roll cage, I have found it cheaper/easier to buy one made for the car and install it when it comes in. good luck, inspiring build
I was thinking the same as far as the cage. However, we would need an almost rally spec cage. Need a lot of triangulation in the design, the metal must be of a certain type and wall thickness to meet the requirements. What companies make a decent cage for these car? We can modify it as needed obviously.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 04:36 PM

good luck with this dan!! hope u guys have fun and break 200! ..its nick btw
Old Jan 23, 2011, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by libz
good luck with this dan!! hope u guys have fun and break 200! ..its nick btw
Thanks a lot man!
Old Jan 23, 2011, 10:34 PM

has anyone on here done the mile before....i am really worried about the strength of the 8 wing at 200mph haha.

Quick Reply: Project Pikachu, on the way to Texas and the 200MPH CLUB!