Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Oil Cooler Question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2011, 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oil Cooler Question

I wanted to relocate my oil cooler to the front of my evo and go with a smaller set up. I was thinking of going with a SETRAB OIL COOLER but didn't know how small i can go in order to do a front mount and if this would cause any problems or cause my motor to blow

Thanks
Old Jan 25, 2011, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Theres no need to relocate it. The oil cooler in the factory location gets good air where it sits. I would go larger not smaller with the cooler. Also your Motor with not blow up. I didn't run a oil cooler at all last year and it was perfectly fine and so do other members on here with fully built motors.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I would not bother relocating as it's in a great spot with plenty of air flow. If anything, just upgrade it. AMS and MAP use Setrab oil coolers which I believe are 25 row and come as a complete kit and are very nice. STM also offers a oil cooler kit, but I do not know what the core used is and it is a little bit more DIY, but cheaper too.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why?