Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

OEM cams...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2011, 01:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OEM cams...

I wanted to know whether or not stock evo cams would fit into a 2g dsm head?
Old Jan 25, 2011, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

IX or VIII stock cams?
Old Jan 25, 2011, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
.Me and my buddy who drives a 2g eclipse was going to try this since I have the stock ones and he was wondering as well and was wanting to also run my stock manifold to do a twin scroll setup. As with the cams we came to a conclusion they would not work. When u turn the cams around like they would have to go in a 2g the lobes get all wacky and are off by like 45 degrees and some lobes were completly opposite when both cams were positioned with the peg that holds the gear on straight up. Also there is slight differences in the end of the cam where the gear bolts to. Im not saying it wouldn work but we found differences that made him not even want to try and I don't blame him. If u do find out for sure of someone doing it I would like to know because if it will work he will buy my cams lol.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dan0805
IX or VIII stock cams?
theyre evo 8 cams... and i was asking if they worked so i didn't have to go through the trouble myself hahaha anyone else?
Old Jan 25, 2011, 04:53 PM

They wont work for you man....a buddy of mine looked this up on a DSM forum and there was quite a bit of info against it.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newb...5-9-8-cam.html
Old Jan 26, 2011, 11:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by flmr06
They wont work for you man....a buddy of mine looked this up on a DSM forum and there was quite a bit of info against it.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newb...5-9-8-cam.html
Not to turn this thread into one like the link provided but did u honestly read through to the end? The guy says he got it to work but it was not worth it.

And it was not worth reading through all that mess cause it did nothing but make my head hurt lol. Honestly I doubt the guy who claimed he did it really did tho. There was plenty of pics but no video or anything to prove his claim. Like I said to begin with just to many differences to really worry about the what ifs. Do yourself a favor like most say in that thread buy upgraded cams for ur engine the gains prob aren worth it. If evo cams were so bad us evo owners wouldn be swapping them out left and right.