Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Tial bov vs synapse bov recirc

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2011, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tial bov vs synapse bov recirc

I want to kno if I can use a different blow off valve . I'm using tial q bov and I'm ventin to atmosphere an it's running a little rough is like to know of a synapse bov would fit on the same flange Which one would be better the qr recirc
Or synapse if it's still fits the tial flange
Old Jan 25, 2011, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The synapse will work with the tial flange u will just have to buy the tial style mounting flange for it or specify when ordering that's the one u would like. It already comes with a recirc. Fitting attached to the end. As far as which one is better I would say the synapse. It has two vacuum ports on the body and is unsurpassed in reaction time because of this design. It fully opens when just reving the motor in vacuum once the throttle plate snaps back closed.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
synapse DV recirc... do it

/thread
Old Jan 25, 2011, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I just called up NoLimit today and ordered the newer Synapse DV to replace my Tial Q...The driveability with the Q on stock maf was terrible and didn't want to switch to SD yet so I am going back to a recirc bov setup....Synapse has an adapter so it will work with a Tial intercooler pipe flange...
Old Jan 25, 2011, 03:24 PM

thanks for the heads up guys ;uve given me the answer i was looking for thanks now to start the order of the synapse bov
Old Jan 25, 2011, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

For the money it would be more financially sound to just switch to SD on the stock ecu. That of course assumes you can tune the car yourself or have someone willing to transition you to the SD tune for low cost.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 03:46 PM

yea thanks for the heads up im gettin ready to order from no limit tommorow by phone thanks for the heads up guys im having a problem with my tial 50 mm its flutters ive tried two springs an im tired of it so now im just gonna sell it and get a synapse thanks for the heads up fellas
Old Jan 25, 2011, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KRod223
yea thanks for the heads up im gettin ready to order from no limit tommorow by phone thanks for the heads up guys im having a problem with my tial 50 mm its flutters ive tried two springs an im tired of it so now im just gonna sell it and get a synapse thanks for the heads up fellas
Had that problem thought it was the valve but I realized later it was simply compressor surge from the stock frame turbo. The FP ported housing kit completely stopped the issue for me.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

KRod223 dont mean to steal the spotlight from u but wuts the best bov for SD with stock uicp route that can handle 30+ psi, and doesnt affect the car negatively. I really wanted a tial but i dont want to buy the small battery kit and get the 3" short route uicp. thnx for any advice
Old Aug 10, 2021, 05:28 PM
BBC
Evolving Member

I know this is an old thread but there don't appear to be many new diverter valve options on the market. What diverter valve can hold 35psi + without leaking and offer near stock 9 drivability? I did try the Synapse once, perhaps an older generation unit and could never tune it for part throttle conditions satisfactorily. I'm especially interested in hearing from people at altitude, as the greater pressure differential compounds drivability issues. Thanks!

Last edited by BBC; Aug 10, 2021 at 05:36 PM.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by BBC
I know this is an old thread but there don't appear to be many new diverter valve options on the market. What diverter valve can hold 35psi + without leaking and offer near stock 9 drivability? I did try the Synapse once, perhaps an older generation unit and could never tune it for part throttle conditions satisfactorily. I'm especially interested in hearing from people at altitude, as the greater pressure differential compounds drivability issues. Thanks!
I've only tried the a crushed IX, the original huge synapse and the TiAL QRJ and really like the driveability of the QRJ. I only have experience running ~28psi but I think its good for 35.
The following users liked this post:
BBC (Aug 13, 2021)