Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Windshield license plate frame

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2011, 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Windshield license plate frame

I've done a search in the show/shine and in the general forum with no luck. Even did a google search with no success. Saw a windshield license plate bracket in a guy's evo that I would love to get my hands on, but can't find. Asked him where he got it and he got it when he was stationed in japan and dont remember where to get it.
It had DSPEC lasered in it, but still have not been able to find it. I know that I could just use suction cups, but that looks a little trashy to me and the bracket actually matches the bby color. If anyone could help me out, it would be appreciated. If Mole happens to read this, post up a pic of it.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The bracket on the inside or outside of the car? Drilled into the plastic dashboard? having a hard time imagining how that would look.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:23 PM
Evolving Member

inside. its on there by double-sided sticky tape on the dash and windshield. if i remember right, its basically a frame with an adjustable angle on the plate where the license plate goes. where most people use the suction cups throught the holes, there was doublesided sticky tape.

we're both in hawaii...its only but so big so we'll see each other again.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 09:41 AM

Let us know. I'm tired of getting pulled over for no front license plate
Old Jan 29, 2011, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hanssn45
Let us know. I'm tired of getting pulled over for no front license plate
same here!
Old Jan 29, 2011, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My bet is the cops will hassle you for not having the plate in the 'normal' location on the front bumper, and use that as an excuse to have pulled you over to ask you to pop your hood
Old Jan 29, 2011, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TommiM
My bet is the cops will hassle you for not having the plate in the 'normal' location on the front bumper, and use that as an excuse to have pulled you over to ask you to pop your hood
i always tell them that someone hit me in the mall parking lot and broke the bracket off, hence why there is a hole in the bumper where the bracket should be... then i tell him i went to the dealership to order a new one and it should take 3-4 days to get... works for me but a month down the road if the same cop gets me i cant use that story again
Old Jan 29, 2011, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by white_evo27
i always tell them that someone hit me in the mall parking lot and broke the bracket off, hence why there is a hole in the bumper where the bracket should be... then i tell him i went to the dealership to order a new one and it should take 3-4 days to get... works for me but a month down the road if the same cop gets me i cant use that story again
^^^hahah...I hate NJ & front plates!!
Old Jan 29, 2011, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Illinois is very similar. According to our legislation, a license played displayed in the windshield does not suffice for a front plate
Old Jan 29, 2011, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Depending on what state you live in, be careful because you will still get a ticket with it in your windshield. I have gotten tickets in both WA and VA. The stater in VA told me if I had a wreck the license plate on the dash would decapitate me... urg... I didn't tell him if I crash my evo with no crash beams I have bigger problems than my license plate.

I'll look around and see if I can find something for you but I don't think I have actually ever seen one. I have see double sided sticky tape before...

Mikey
Old Jan 29, 2011, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

you guys are going off topic. I'm not too concerned with the laws...cops will find/makeup something to give us a ticket if they wanted. i'm trying to find this bracket or any other bracket that I can use to mount inside the car.

I dont want any holes in the bumper or block airflow to the IC.

no crash beams here either and if i was to decapitated...my wife would get rid of the car anyways. She just wouldnt have to worry about me buying another one.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Why not just get some suction cups and put one in each hole of the plate and stick it to the windshield?
Old Jan 29, 2011, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

even so, you can still mount the stock license plate bracket with double sided tape and zipties, no need to do any drilling.

however, if you are worried about detracting from the look of your car, then obviously this wont work
Old Jan 29, 2011, 03:37 PM

I got 3 warnings in the past with no front license plate in WI! Knock on wood!
Old Jan 29, 2011, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

people around here just put it on their dash on the passanger side making it look so ghetto...i've been rolling with no front plate for over two years now with no problem....if you live in an area where they have nothing to do to than pull cars over for stupid violations then I guess this is a good idea??

Quick Reply: Windshield license plate frame