Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

First "mod," car alarm or Valentine.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2011, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Valentine V1 First for sure!!! I have one and it has saved me from having some serious issues plenty of times!
Old Feb 8, 2011, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Here are my thoughts on car alarms having lived in the city with the most car thefts in Canada.

1. If a thief wants something in your car, a car alarm will not deter him from breaking in and getting what he wants. To avoid this problem, simply do NOT put anything of value in plain sight. This includes ipods, change, gym bags, removable deck faces, etc. heck even open up your glove box and give them a good lock (since there is no lock).

2. If a thief wants to steal your car a simple thing as a $30 club will deter him, more than an alarm surprisingly. They can cut an alarm, faster than they can take a club off.

3. If your alarm goes off the thief is most likely already in your car, and at that point you have to make the decision to risk confronting him or waiting eons for the police to arrive. Again this could save your car from being stolen, but not the car from being broken into.

To me car alarms are more of a novelty these days and with the new programs coming out to decode the newer alarms and keyless entries, I find them even more pointless. It all comes down to luck really, the more layers of security definitely deters the thieves, but the best thing you can do is just make sure your car has nothing of interest on the inside.

On to the thread, buy an intake instead lol.