Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Anyone datalogged/tuned with any Prosport widebands?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2011, 04:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone datalogged/tuned with any Prosport widebands?

Looking for anyone with experiences with any of Prosport's wideband kits. If it isn't supported/compatible with Evoscan, then I'm not interested. I may just stick with an Innovate wideband. Thanks for your help.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Nothing? No one has heard "anything" at all?
Old May 18, 2011, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

I called Prosport and they wern't helpful at all. I think I also pinged Hamish through the support feature on the evoscan website.

I know this is old but I guess you haven't found the answer yet hunh?
Old Jun 26, 2011, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I heard you won't be able to log the wideband in EvoScan. I just recently purchased a Prosport Digital Evo Series Wideband, so I am also seeking answers.

~Chug
Old Jun 26, 2011, 09:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I have the premium series wideband

I like it, but want to log in evoscan also

I think that logging via ECU in the rear O2 sensor should do the trick, but haven't wired it yet

there is a post on how to log without the serial cable (but with another brand), It should be the same
Old Jun 26, 2011, 11:18 PM
Evolved Member

My car isn't running yet but I will let you guys know as soon as I'm able. I think you can try using the AEM option in evoscan. I don't know if Hamish ever got back to me. I think the prosports use the same sensor as the AEM's so if you have it already then give it try. If you have already and it didnt work then let me know.

How accurate is logging via ADC?

Last edited by SmurfZilla; Jun 26, 2011 at 11:28 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 05:56 AM
Evolving Member

I think aem uses a bosch 4.2 sensor and prosport a bosch 4.9, and they work with different ranges

When I say logging via rear sensor, is to connect the wideband output to The ecu, And eliminate The rear sensor input
Old Jun 27, 2011, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

I read about that thread. You'd still need to do the calculations right? And I think it may sill be off up to .2 volts possibly. It looks like thats the only way to log with the Prosport

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ut-serial.html
Old Mar 3, 2012, 10:01 PM

Any final result?

Has anyone figured out if splicing into the rear O2 sensor with the analog output from the premium prosport wideband allows for logging with evoscan??? I sure hope it does cause I just spliced into mine today with the hope of actually being able to log with this thing in the near future. Otherwise, the prosport wideband has been a waste of money and time.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 04:31 AM
Evolving Member

Yes You can log in evoscan

Just use The right formula, and tap into rear sensor

Originally Posted by evo.x
Has anyone figured out if splicing into the rear O2 sensor with the analog output from the premium prosport wideband allows for logging with evoscan??? I sure hope it does cause I just spliced into mine today with the hope of actually being able to log with this thing in the near future. Otherwise, the prosport wideband has been a waste of money and time.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by audiofan
Yes You can log in evoscan

Just use The right formula, and tap into rear sensor
That's great news. I've seen mention of a formula that someone had used that seemed to work for them. Should it work for me too? Would you happened to know the correct formula for the Prosport Premium Wideband? Thanks for the reply.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

Here is a link to the post:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...errerid=138615

and here is what I posted some time ago

"I've been trying different things to get the correct one

The formulas in evoscan, the correct one (in theory) should be: 0,03921*x+10, since it displays values from 10 to 20, and should be correct with the table relating volts to AFR, but after some logging and comparing what evoscan was displaying and the gauge itself, they were a little off (1 to 1,5 afr points difference)

Now I'm using the formula: 0,05859*x+7,7, when in boost at WOT, seems to be the same between the evoscan screen and the gauge (kind of hard to look at both at the same time and compare). when I lift off it goes lean to 22+ which the gauge shouldn't read, and when the tune was really rich it showed 9,8 which is also out of the parameters. But WOT, idle and cruising, I like it better than the previous formula, is much closer or almost the same as what the gauge itself displays."

someone else then replied it worked perfect, so you could give it a try and see if it works for you

Originally Posted by evo.x
That's great news. I've seen mention of a formula that someone had used that seemed to work for them. Should it work for me too? Would you happened to know the correct formula for the Prosport Premium Wideband? Thanks for the reply.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 01:54 PM

Hey audiofan, really appreciate the replies. Now that I have your attention, I have another quick question that I'd like a clear answer on, which seems to be tough to find. I'm planning on buying Evoscan with a compatible cable. Which Tactrix cable (1.3 or 2.0) is actually compatible with Evoscan for the X? Thanks again
Old Mar 4, 2012, 02:42 PM

From what I can tell, it seems only the 2.0 supports the X. Is the 2.0 Tactrix good for logging/tuning with Evoscan? Do I have to use ECUFlash as well for tuning?
Old Mar 4, 2012, 03:00 PM

And one more question, if you don't mind:
So this might be obvious, but doesn't the rear O2 sensor get damaged if it's unplugged? Is this just something we're accepting by using the rear O2 sensor by this method? Is there any way to keep the sensor in tact other than removing it? Thanks

Quick Reply: Anyone datalogged/tuned with any Prosport widebands?