Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo VII Buyers' Group!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2002, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holding for MMC Vegas meeting the 14th...we need more specs with the latest "Airtrek" info. prior to $ down. All members of this group, see your PM's!!
Old Jul 20, 2002, 12:05 AM

Hey is it still too late to join the buyer's group? please let me know. my email is yankscool@aol.com.

thanks, Steve
Old Jul 23, 2002, 12:21 AM

As far as I can tell, there is little incentive for dealerships to work with us. Plus, they do not know how many they will get (and will not know for certain until mid Aug...no matter WHAT they tell you...they have been promised things by their regional managers but until the two distribution centers make their 4th quarter buys and release the final distributiuon stats to dealers, the dealers are running on faith)

For now, I have to move in the next 2 days, just cancelled an appt in ID so I have to find one here in Minneapolis....THEN load up and move all my crap!! So as far as the Evo 8 buyers' group, I cannot devote the time to it that I have been. I didn't ever really get any good leads from anyone else (those who tried: GREATLY appreciated!! But the dealers weren't long-sighted enough to see the visibility they would get)

Personally, I am going to probably wait and see how this whole thing pans out. Sure, I'll try to find a dealer to take a deposit for MSRP...but I want to see what the JDM market comes out with. I really want the AYC/ACD so I may end up going with Adam (Evolution Imports) eventually. But then I am also still in wait to see if the GDI engine made it in (though I very much doubt it). Plus, if they turn out 12,000 cars for the US (not unreasonable since Canada isn't getting them any more) and the stock market continues to deflate...I'll be looking for a deal in the Spring.

Because I have a relationship with an importer, who is able and willing to get a Japanese import license, I will keep the group list in case importing 15 cars from Japan with mods for US street-legal is the best option in the long run.

Anyone in the group willing to take up the reigns for a while, let me know (priority to those who put in legwork etc earlier)

Any other ideas, post 'em!